2009-02-06 When she's pretending to have a personality

For talking about the plot, the art, the dialogue, the characters, the site, and the individual updates...
Graybeard
The Heretical Admin

2009-02-06 When she's pretending to have a personality

Post by Graybeard »

That seems to resolve the question as to whether Bani is on board, for sure.

Could someone try to tabulate all the little references in this one? The Dick Tracy wristwatch communicator, a meme about 20 years before Poe was born, seems like a place to start.

Because old is wise, does good, and above all, kicks ass.
Slamlander
Keeper of the Holy Algorithms
Location: Nyon, CH, near Geneve, on the shores of the Lac Leman. The heart of Suisse Romande.

Re: 2009-02-06 When she's pretending to have a personality

Post by Slamlander »

I just saw it. Yet another magical doohickey for the wiki. :)
S L A M L A N D E R
Isn't Sarine technically a MILF?
Michael Poe
The Almighty Poe

Post by Michael Poe »

Graybeard wrote:That seems to resolve the question as to whether Bani is on board, for sure.

The Dick Tracy wristwatch communicator, a meme about 20 years before Poe was born
Perhaps, though I was about twelve or so when the Warren Beatty movie came out.
Slamlander
Keeper of the Holy Algorithms
Location: Nyon, CH, near Geneve, on the shores of the Lac Leman. The heart of Suisse Romande.

Post by Slamlander »

Heh, the thing is that a wristwatch video cellphone was just introduced at CES.

Technology is catching up to writers way too fast. Writers need to be thinking much further ahead than they do now ;) .
Last edited by Slamlander on February 6th, 2009, 1:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
S L A M L A N D E R
Isn't Sarine technically a MILF?
Sareth
RPG All-Star

Post by Sareth »

You know, I thought there were some good quotes in Wednesday's strip... This one is chock full of awesome.

That kid's in trouble. You just KNOW Bani planted the thought of taking advantage of Sara with malicious aforethought...
RubberBandMan
Errant Scholar

Post by RubberBandMan »

Bani is likely hoping things go that way, giving Sara an excuse to storm off... but Sara might do the downright disturbing thing and go along with a potential pass instead, that would really fuck with the teams perceptions of her.

And yeah, Bani's teasing the poor guy. "acrobatic and limber"? Bani knows what kinda of images those are going to bring to mind, after she just told him not to get any ideas.

Then again, this may be a cultural thing. "Don't go and do anything stupid Sarine, now that we've told you everything you would need to know to screw with us". "Don't come rescue me right away Ian, Maybe the elf-bitch and chronically unlucky Jon will be able to save me". "Don't take advantage of my limber dancer friend who is all impressed with our city". Almost like saying "Don't look at the test answers... that I'm leaving right here open on the desk while I go chat up the teacher in the next classroom"
mindstalk
Typo-Seeking Missile

Post by mindstalk »

Gee, where are his eyes aimed in the first panel? Heh. And Sara coincidentally stretches at an opportune time.

But once Sarine has jimmied the gate, how will Sara get to them? Or will they just wait, and run off in a bridge-burning flash of light?
Forrest
Finally, some love for the BJ!

Post by Forrest »

Sara knows telepathy.

Sarine knows telepathy.

Sara is really, REALLY fast.

Once the gate is jimmied, Sarine just thinks to Sara "c'mon", and zzip, Sara is there. Our intrepid party departs, and this poor, naive, gullible guard boy has no idea where his naive, gullible, country-bumpkin new friend just disappeared to.
-Forrest Cameranesi, Geek of All Trades
"I am Sam. Sam I am. I do not like trolls, flames, or spam."
Boss Out of Town
Team Captain

Post by Boss Out of Town »

"God , I love Nantucket."
History celebrates the battlefields whereon we meet our death, but scorns to speak of the plowed fields whereby we thrive; it knows the names of kings’ bastards but cannot tell us the origin of wheat. This is the way of human folly. --- Henry Fabre
SkArcher
Errant Scholar

Post by SkArcher »

Slamlander wrote:Heh, the thing is that a wristwatch video cellphone was just introduced at CES.

Technology is catching up to writers way too fast. Writers need to be thinking much further ahead than they do now ;) .
Any sufficiently advanced form of magic is indistinguishable from technology.

Personally, I can see this entire scenario getting very messy, very quickly.

Especially because, like a lot of Sarine's plans, it has a huge series of holes marked "we'll just improv some bullshit here".

Also, I for one am hoping we get to see how Sara's conversation with hapless-guard-boy goes. I'd love to know how little miss emotionless handles him.