2009-02-11 "I'm going to run out of personal belongings"

For talking about the plot, the art, the dialogue, the characters, the site, and the individual updates...
BloodHenge
Mage/Priest War Veteran

2009-02-11 "I'm going to run out of personal belongings"

Post by BloodHenge »

Hmm... So far, bribery seems to be faster than violence and just as effective, but not as satisfying...

So, when are we going to see how Sara's making out with the guard?
Graybeard
The Heretical Admin

Re: 2009-02-11 "I'm going to run out of personal belongings"

Post by Graybeard »

A new item for the HKV here. If nobody else beats me to it, I'll work on it in the morning.

Because old is wise, does good, and above all, kicks ass.
Neko7
Mage/Priest War Veteran

Post by Neko7 »

Graybeard wrote:A new item for the HKV here. If nobody else beats me to it, I'll work on it in the morning.
Isn't it already in it?

I mean she used it in Saus, right?

In Chapter 5: Where Do We Go When We Just Don't Know...
RubberBandMan
Errant Scholar

Post by RubberBandMan »

Nice to know some solid facts, like it is only a reciever and it can't send people anywhere. of course "effectivly" could leave out a few more-used but simpler uses, like you wouldn't describe your Cellphone as a clock, but that is often what you use it for.

Errant Story really ought to get an award for the number of pragmatic NPCs and Redshirts in its pages.
Bekul
Forum Regular

Post by Bekul »

"This is an elven bra. It uh... it's magic, it'll make your chest look bigger. Want it?"
davester65
Mage/Priest War Veteran

Post by davester65 »

Portal Mage wrote:It's official policy to never deal with terrorists when the warp gates are involved.
<bribe>
Portal Mage wrote:Errr, ummm, except when they offer really cool stuff in return.
"Of all tyrannies a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive." - C.S. Lewis
Boss Out of Town
Team Captain

Post by Boss Out of Town »

BloodHenge wrote:Hmm... So far, bribery seems to be faster than violence and just as effective, but not as satisfying...

So, when are we going to see how Sara's making out with the guard?
Or WHETHER she is making out with the guard. Freak out the entire fan base if she were suddenly exchanging vibes with the guy.
History celebrates the battlefields whereon we meet our death, but scorns to speak of the plowed fields whereby we thrive; it knows the names of kings’ bastards but cannot tell us the origin of wheat. This is the way of human folly. --- Henry Fabre
Boss Out of Town
Team Captain

Post by Boss Out of Town »

davester65 wrote:
Portal Mage wrote:It's official policy to never deal with terrorists when the warp gates are involved.
<bribe>
Portal Mage wrote:Errr, ummm, except when they offer really cool stuff in return.
Eh. It's a cultural thing.

Per Thomas Ricks, an American colonel in Iraq talks peace with a Sunni insurgent leader he's been fighting for years. Their common ground? The movie Titanic, which pretty much everyone in Iraq adores and the insurgent leader has seen 8 times. Tidbit from the Sunni: "You know why you could never catch me? Whenever you came into town for a raid, the guards at the Iraqi army check points would call me on the phone and warn me so I could change location."
History celebrates the battlefields whereon we meet our death, but scorns to speak of the plowed fields whereby we thrive; it knows the names of kings’ bastards but cannot tell us the origin of wheat. This is the way of human folly. --- Henry Fabre
runic
Errant Scholar

Post by runic »

Boss Out of Town wrote:
davester65 wrote:
<bribe>
Eh. It's a cultural thing.

Per Thomas Ricks, an American colonel in Iraq talks peace with a Sunni insurgent leader he's been fighting for years. Their common ground? The movie Titanic, which pretty much everyone in Iraq adores and the insurgent leader has seen 8 times. Tidbit from the Sunni: "You know why you could never catch me? Whenever you came into town for a raid, the guards at the Iraqi army check points would call me on the phone and warn me so I could change location."
will that movie never die?

and sara is more likely to deposit that guy in a dumpster since the party has visible closed down the warp gate
davester65
Mage/Priest War Veteran

Post by davester65 »

runic wrote: will that movie never die?
One can only hope. :(
runic wrote:and sara is more likely to deposit that guy in a dumpster since the party has visible closed down the warp gate
Who knows, maybe she has a thing for guys with bowl haircuts a-la the Beatles circa 1964. :D
"Of all tyrannies a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive." - C.S. Lewis