2009-03-06 Old Wounds

For talking about the plot, the art, the dialogue, the characters, the site, and the individual updates...
Sareth
RPG All-Star

2009-03-06 Old Wounds

Post by Sareth »

And look who's on the cover. Is this a hint of who the intended host of Senilis is?
RubberBandMan
Errant Scholar

Re: 2009-03-06 Old Wounds

Post by RubberBandMan »

I still say she's going to be the only one left alive after the automatic defenses tear apart the elves, then expiring as she is no longer important after she gives up the relevant information.

. . . .But I've been playing too many Video games. I'm sure an group of rangers and Crack Elf forces would be more useful then that, right?
Boss Out of Town
Team Captain

Post by Boss Out of Town »

Could be this is part flashback, and Sarna gets to be Sarine's memory trigger. Or, she's just going to spend the next dramatic scene or two being a cynical bitch. Either way, we get to see new country.

Possibly Sarine's "knowing" that Sara time-fugued in behind her is foreshadowing something: that Sarna and the other Elves are going to be prepped for monkish time magic and we are going to get some serious action scenes this chapter. Sarna doesn't get to look confident if the other side can kill her in the flick of an eyelash.
History celebrates the battlefields whereon we meet our death, but scorns to speak of the plowed fields whereby we thrive; it knows the names of kings’ bastards but cannot tell us the origin of wheat. This is the way of human folly. --- Henry Fabre
davester65
Mage/Priest War Veteran

Post by davester65 »

There she is winking again. Sarna and Sarine seemed to wink at each other when they met when Sarine was leaving the elf city with Meji. I almost wonder if Sarna and Sarine have an understanding of some sort and Sarna's bitchy attitude before was at least partially for show.
"Of all tyrannies a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive." - C.S. Lewis
Graybeard
The Heretical Admin

Post by Graybeard »

davester65 wrote:There she is winking again. Sarna and Sarine seemed to wink at each other when they met when Sarine was leaving the elf city with Meji. I almost wonder if Sarna and Sarine have an understanding of some sort and Sarna's bitchy attitude before was at least partially for show.
I think it's 100% the way Sarna really is. To me the wink says "I am an attractive woman, and I don't take you seriously, nyah nyah nyah. I don't take much of anything else seriously, either, but Exitialis help you if you get in my way."

Because old is wise, does good, and above all, kicks ass.
davester65
Mage/Priest War Veteran

Post by davester65 »

Graybeard wrote: I think it's 100% the way Sarna really is. To me the wink says "I am an attractive woman, and I don't take you seriously, nyah nyah nyah. I don't take much of anything else seriously, either, but Exitialis help you if you get in my way."
So do you suppose it would be a bad idea for me to tell her I thought she was boyish looking? :twisted: Personally, page boy haircuts don't cut it for me on a woman.
"Of all tyrannies a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive." - C.S. Lewis
Graybeard
The Heretical Admin

Post by Graybeard »

davester65 wrote:
Graybeard wrote: I think it's 100% the way Sarna really is. To me the wink says "I am an attractive woman, and I don't take you seriously, nyah nyah nyah. I don't take much of anything else seriously, either, but Exitialis help you if you get in my way."
So do you suppose it would be a bad idea for me to tell her I thought she was boyish looking? :twisted: Personally, page boy haircuts don't cut it for me on a woman.
She'd probably put you under instant mind control/domination and use you as her personal sex toy for the rest of your mercifully short life.

Boss Out of Town
Team Captain

Post by Boss Out of Town »

Graybeard wrote:
davester65 wrote:There she is winking again. Sarna and Sarine seemed to wink at each other when they met when Sarine was leaving the elf city with Meji. I almost wonder if Sarna and Sarine have an understanding of some sort and Sarna's bitchy attitude before was at least partially for show.
I think it's 100% the way Sarna really is. To me the wink says "I am an attractive woman, and I don't take you seriously, nyah nyah nyah. I don't take much of anything else seriously, either, but Exitialis help you if you get in my way."
Yep, and haven't we all met her before? Well, not necessarily the part about Exitialis, unless that is taken as a bad spelling of the newest potency pharmaceutical.
History celebrates the battlefields whereon we meet our death, but scorns to speak of the plowed fields whereby we thrive; it knows the names of kings’ bastards but cannot tell us the origin of wheat. This is the way of human folly. --- Henry Fabre
Slamlander
Keeper of the Holy Algorithms
Location: Nyon, CH, near Geneve, on the shores of the Lac Leman. The heart of Suisse Romande.

Post by Slamlander »

I like this artwork.

That said, Sarna was always hit/miss for me. Around here the shorthaired unisex look is still "in". I'll see if I can shoot some pix for my blog (not the livejournal one but the one that updates my livejournal from [Wordpress]).
Last edited by Slamlander on March 8th, 2009, 6:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
S L A M L A N D E R
Isn't Sarine technically a MILF?
Graybeard
The Heretical Admin

Post by Graybeard »

Slamlander wrote:That said, Sarna was always hit/miss for me. Around here the shorthaired unisex look is still "in". I'll see if I can shoot some pix for my blog (not the livejournal one but the one that updates my livejournal one [Wordpress]).
Interesting. I think Sarna is by far the most "feminine" of the elves we've seen other than Sarine -- and that includes Misa. To me, the bobbed hair works. None of these keeps her from being a female dog, however.