2009-04-06 BARRIER! "URRK"

For talking about the plot, the art, the dialogue, the characters, the site, and the individual updates...
davester65
Mage/Priest War Veteran

2009-04-06 BARRIER! "URRK"

Post by davester65 »

Well, at least Sarine got her shields up in time (barely). I imagine Sarna will block that thrown knife/shortsword. If Sarine's spell doesn't work, she'll only have one short blade against Sarna's scimitar. Not a good position to be in.
"Of all tyrannies a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive." - C.S. Lewis
throwrug
Forum Regular

Re: 2009-04-06 BARRIER! "URRK"

Post by throwrug »

Unless she brought spares... possibly a durrus flama or something?

I guess I'm just waiting for the other shoe to drop.

For instance, it doesn't seem reasonable that the elves would place just one person there and rely on her hand-to-hand combat ability solely to save the day. Even if she had an 80% chance of winning a 1-on-1 fight, that's too high of a risk, especially because the elves don't know who or how many Sarine might be bringing with her.

Rememeber when Sara was captive, and Sarine was baiting her to attack because there was a ward of ouchiness set up between them? Sarna's obviously a spell caster, and has had a lot of time to set up. Likewise, Sarine doesn't seem like the type to live to 3,000 years old by simply going in without a plan. I would personally be surprised if this battlefield isn't littered with hidden traps (mostly Sarna's), or other backups (from either side), who are waiting to see how this duel plays out.
Slamlander
Keeper of the Holy Algorithms
Location: Nyon, CH, near Geneve, on the shores of the Lac Leman. The heart of Suisse Romande.

Post by Slamlander »

A classic one-two punch. The theory is to provide informational overload to the opponent and improve the chances of at least one getting through the blocks. Failing that, it will force Sarna to back off a bit. Sarine just violated the oldest rule of armed combat; never throw your main weapon. I don't think that she'd do that unless she has a hidden third strike ready.

At this level of combat, it's all about trained reflexes and set responses. Both of them have had millenia to develop such responses independently of each other.

BTW, that's two uurks that Sarna got out of Sarine. Jon, with Sara for backup, could put an instant stop to this and capture Sarna. ;)
S L A M L A N D E R
Isn't Sarine technically a MILF?
Satanic_Hamster
New Poster

Post by Satanic_Hamster »

Yes, throw your weapon. She'll block it and end up losing her weapon in the process.

Then it will be down to wrestling. A light rain will start, turning the dusty ruins to mud. Clothing will be torn... MMmm.

Side note:
Eh. Likely one person as a rear guard, unless others are moving to attack the other members of the party.

EDIT:
Slamlander - She only threw one of her weapons.