2009-04-08 "I've seen this trick before" "YARRGH!"

For talking about the plot, the art, the dialogue, the characters, the site, and the individual updates...
RubberBandMan
Errant Scholar

2009-04-08 "I've seen this trick before" "YARRGH!"

Post by RubberBandMan »

A comic with real honest to goodness words... and ownage. Couldn't resist putting another grunting sound in the title however.

I don't think we've seen any trick like this before in the ES world, have we? Then again, its not like Sarine has had many chances to use such a move where a simpler one would work just as well.
runic
Errant Scholar

Re: 2009-04-08 "I've seen this trick before" "YARRGH!"

Post by runic »

a second intention strike. nice combo, particularly since sarna has already seen the pattern before to recognize it as such.

so that was the spell that sarine cast a bit more surreptitiously than the audience thought.

and now sarna is gonna eat the big labowski. for shame.
Boss Out of Town
Team Captain

Post by Boss Out of Town »

Dammit, if Sarna had paid attention to those OSHA approved films, she'd have known to wear the right gloves while dealing with potential electrical hazards.

Now the rangers will have to change that sign that says "27,343 days without a lost time incident." They were hoping the council would bring in ribs and ice cream for lunch break when they hit 30,000.
History celebrates the battlefields whereon we meet our death, but scorns to speak of the plowed fields whereby we thrive; it knows the names of kings’ bastards but cannot tell us the origin of wheat. This is the way of human folly. --- Henry Fabre
Initial B
Mage/Priest War Veteran

Post by Initial B »

I think Sarine is finally tapping into the elven flaw of their "been there, done that, nothing new under the sun" overconfidence. I think the elves have long lost the desire to innovate, and only the threat of Ian is forcing them to desperate improvisation. Humans tend to be wily, and it looks like Sarine has picked up on some of their better habits.
Slamlander
Keeper of the Holy Algorithms
Location: Nyon, CH, near Geneve, on the shores of the Lac Leman. The heart of Suisse Romande.

Post by Slamlander »

Hehe, Sarine lives up to expectations ;)
S L A M L A N D E R
Isn't Sarine technically a MILF?
Boss Out of Town
Team Captain

Post by Boss Out of Town »

Initial B wrote:I think Sarine is finally tapping into the elven flaw of their "been there, done that, nothing new under the sun" overconfidence. I think the elves have long lost the desire to innovate, and only the threat of Ian is forcing them to desperate improvisation. Humans tend to be wily, and it looks like Sarine has picked up on some of their better habits.
Yup, Sarine thought that one up after the first time she snuck into a Tsairaku outpost during a thunderstorm and touched some wiring. Very adaptable, she is.
History celebrates the battlefields whereon we meet our death, but scorns to speak of the plowed fields whereby we thrive; it knows the names of kings’ bastards but cannot tell us the origin of wheat. This is the way of human folly. --- Henry Fabre
Maiazuru
Forum Regular

Post by Maiazuru »

Too bad. I hoped Sarna wouldn't be defeated THAT quickly.
darlid01
New Poster

Post by darlid01 »

I hope Sarine leaves Sarna alive as opposed to killing her.
Sareth
RPG All-Star

Post by Sareth »

Sarine cares about Sarna too much to let her die. This is good for us, as it leads to hawt elvin girl on girl mouth to mouth.

More seriously, we don't know that this is the end of the fight. Yes, Sarine just zapped the crap out of Sarna, but that MAY not be enough to stop Sarna. Sarna might be able to withstand it, stay conscious, and fight on. Still, I will say this. If it *is* the end of the fight, that's not a bad thing. Some webcomics will go on with a fight for Twenty pages. Given the three pages a week format of most of these comics, that means by the time the fight is over, two months have passed and half of us won't even remember why the fight started in the first place. IMHO, short fights in webcomics are SMART.
Advocatus
New Poster

Post by Advocatus »

IPPON!

Gotta learn that one.

Quite aside from the curveball, how do you throw the sword when it's already electrified?

OW! No, that's not it.