2007-09-26 A rather elven thing to say

For talking about the plot, the art, the dialogue, the characters, the site, and the individual updates...
DarkIntruder
Mage/Priest War Veteran

Re: 2007-09-26 A rather elven thing to say

Post by DarkIntruder »

Their only hope right now is in Ellis is still around and they can use him as a homing beacon to track her down.

I really doubt they need to find Ellis. We already have a damn good idea of where Meji is going, and I can bet Sarine and Jon do too.

Also, where is Sara? We havn't seen her in ages.
Last edited by DarkIntruder on September 26th, 2007, 11:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
Killjoy
Forum Regular

Post by Killjoy »

DarkIntruder wrote:Also, where is Sarah? We havn't seen her in ages.
AFAIK, there is no character named "Sarah" in Errant Story.

(It's strange, I read two wecbomics with characters named Sara, and in both cases it's as if people just can't be bothered to spell the names correctly.)
Killjoy
Forum Regular

Post by Killjoy »

Initial B wrote:Their only hope right now is in Ellis is still around and they can use him as a homing beacon to track her down.
Ellis seems to have left with Meji.
DarkIntruder
Mage/Priest War Veteran

Post by DarkIntruder »

oops...Heh heh.

Sorry, havn't had my caffein fix yet. It's changed.
Viking-Sensei
Evil Admin Overlord
Twitter @: Kallisti_x

Post by Viking-Sensei »

Killjoy wrote:
DarkIntruder wrote:Also, where is Sarah? We haven't seen her in ages.

(It's strange, I read two wecbomics with characters named Sara, and in both cases it's as if people just can't be bothered to spell the names correctly.)
Now now, cut the guy a break. Sara/Sarah has always been a hard distinction for me (and apparently a number of others) to make. In "The Maxx", the author himself flipflopped back and forth between spellings of his Sarah's name until they had their series reboot, at which time he officially had her change her own name to Sara to keep it simple.

Sara's not had the screen time nor the presence of any of our current cabal of main characters, and her name isn't unique enough (Bani) for people to have had to have had to memorize it yet. She'll come into her own in due time... then you can correct.
How could a plan this awesome possibly fail?
BloodHenge
Mage/Priest War Veteran

Post by BloodHenge »

Initial B wrote:I don't think that Meji was naive enough to expect that her disappearance would be unnoticed for a long period of time. I bet she has probably slipped in with the surrounding populace. Their only hope right now is in Ellis is still around and they can use him as a homing beacon to track her down.

Why do I have a feeling either Sarine, Sara or Jon is going to end up gutting the Elven ambassador?
She has ten minutes on them, which is plenty since she's familiar with the city and they aren't. Ellis is probably with her, so he can get an up-close view of the explosion.
Gias
New Poster
Location: The Land Of Chainsaw, Rusty City. 187 Blood Blvd, to be specific. Vict-.. err.. visitors welcome.

Post by Gias »

Rather curious that Bani, as she appears now, looks pretty much nothing like her mother compared to when she was a kid. Must've gotten fairly adept at illusions perhaps, given her lighter complexion, or perhaps she simply resorts to merely mundane means considering the hair. No doubt that there's some magically-created tonics to alter skin tone and hair color. I'd even forgotten how dark her complexion was when she was a teen until Poe showed us the picture of her mother. But I have to admit, I never would've pegged Toshi for being fond of the so-called 'ghetto booty'..
BloodHenge
Mage/Priest War Veteran

Post by BloodHenge »

Maybe Bani and her mother just had really dark tans. After all, Tsuiraku is a hundred miles above the ground. Not much air between them and the sun.
Gias
New Poster
Location: The Land Of Chainsaw, Rusty City. 187 Blood Blvd, to be specific. Vict-.. err.. visitors welcome.

Post by Gias »

BloodHenge wrote:Maybe Bani and her mother just had really dark tans. After all, Tsuiraku is a hundred miles above the ground. Not much air between them and the sun.
I find that highly unlikely, given that the late Mrs. Igaaru's hair appears to be a rather stylish afro. Now, it's a rather small picture, but were she of the fairer genetic alignment, I'd imagine it'd appear a good deal more teased and feathered. Now, I'm quite willing to admit that I could be very, very, very wrong about this and that both Bani and her late mother were just particularly well tanned both in Bani's younger years and at the time that portrait was made, but my intuition's telling me that Mrs. Igaaru was most definitely a black woman.
Boss Out of Town
Team Captain

Post by Boss Out of Town »

Gias wrote:Rather curious that Bani, as she appears now, looks pretty much nothing like her mother compared to when she was a kid. Must've gotten fairly adept at illusions perhaps, given her lighter complexion, or perhaps she simply resorts to merely mundane means considering the hair. No doubt that there's some magically-created tonics to alter skin tone and hair color. I'd even forgotten how dark her complexion was when she was a teen until Poe showed us the picture of her mother.
Good just be the different lighting in the two scenes. Until you mentioned it, all I could say about their complexions from Poe's artistic style is that one is lighter-skinned than the other. Strictly speaking, none of the characters in this novel need to match up to ethnic descriptions from our world.
Gias wrote:But I have to admit, I never would've pegged Toshi for being fond of the so-called 'ghetto booty'..
Ugh . . . with a little luck, Poe might get through the entire story without reference to grotesque hip-hop racial stereotypes.