2009-07-06: Chapter Forty One

For talking about the plot, the art, the dialogue, the characters, the site, and the individual updates...
The Comment Golem
Unstoppable Posting Machine

2009-07-06: Chapter Forty One

Post by The Comment Golem »

Discussion thread for Chapter Forty One
AdamZero
Mage/Priest War Veteran

2009-07-06 KNIFE~

Post by AdamZero »

Okay so, title page... Chapter 41... think we're gonna get a soild fifty chapters for the first season?

Let's see. Green hands... unless orcs are gonna show up in the last stretch, unlikely, those are troll hands.

Stabbin knife.... ritual sacrifice?

And beads... a bunch of 'em.

Woo!
"Now he's gone too far. NOONE ATTACKS AMERICA'S FOOD COURTS!" -Deadpool.
"Don't be so naive. I've got ulterior motives. MANY. Two, maybe three. Probably Four. I am one BIG ulterior motive." The Great Teacher, Onizuka Eikichi.
Boss Out of Town
Team Captain

Re: 2009-07-06 KNIFE~

Post by Boss Out of Town »

". . . And the Trolls shall inherit the Earth."

There's a twist no one was expecting. On the other had, the trolls eventually take over most useful Internet political discussions.
History celebrates the battlefields whereon we meet our death, but scorns to speak of the plowed fields whereby we thrive; it knows the names of kings’ bastards but cannot tell us the origin of wheat. This is the way of human folly. --- Henry Fabre
Amaterasu
New Poster

Post by Amaterasu »

One order of GENOCIDE! coming right up!
Graybeard
The Heretical Admin

Post by Graybeard »

The skin tone puzzles me. I thought that when we saw a troll (well, half troll) rendered in color, her skin was nut-brown. Why is it green here? Just for effect? Racial differences among trolls? PLEASE tell me it wasn't because Poe screwed up...

Because old is wise, does good, and above all, kicks ass.
Sareth
RPG All-Star

Post by Sareth »

"They've got a cave troll."
Bekul
Forum Regular

Post by Bekul »

Trolls, who elves embarked a campagn of genicide against ages ago, beliving them to be a 'mistake of the gods', were not the mistake.

/Elves/ were the mistake.

Shit.
kaitou
Almighty Systems Admin
Twitter @: kaitou_

Post by kaitou »

"Dead Earth"

Just needs a little fertilizer...
Michael Poe
The Almighty Poe

Post by Michael Poe »

Graybeard wrote:The skin tone puzzles me. I thought that when we saw a troll (well, half troll) rendered in color, her skin was nut-brown. Why is it green here? Just for effect? Racial differences among trolls? PLEASE tell me it wasn't because Poe screwed up...
Info dump:
Skin pigmentation for Trolls general ranges from green to brown or something between the two shades. Muddy reds (and reddish browns) are also possible, though more uncommon. Regardless of initial pigmentation, all Trolls slowly become a mottled grey as they reach advance ages. (Frankly I really should had desaturated the hands in the image a bit to show this, since the character isn't exactly suppose to be a spring chicken) Hair coloration is normally dark greens, dark browns, or black, although in some tribes it is fashionable to bleach their hair to a reddish tint. (how they do this is better left not talked about).

Although Troll's possess impressive natural regenerative capabilities, they still scar from injuries as normal, and their healing abilities sharply decline as they reach old age.(elder warrior trolls tend to end looking like walking masses of scar tissue) Troll medicine and healing magics take this regeneration into account and tend to focus on getting the injured troll to a point where his own natural healing process can take over without problem rather than directly dealing with the injury. Because of this, their medicine/healing magic tend to be spectacularly bloody affairs that would probably outright kill most other races.
AdamZero
Mage/Priest War Veteran

Post by AdamZero »

And that was Poe with your weekly dose of exposition!
"Now he's gone too far. NOONE ATTACKS AMERICA'S FOOD COURTS!" -Deadpool.
"Don't be so naive. I've got ulterior motives. MANY. Two, maybe three. Probably Four. I am one BIG ulterior motive." The Great Teacher, Onizuka Eikichi.