2007-10-08 Got a bit of a buzz just from her bloody breath.

For talking about the plot, the art, the dialogue, the characters, the site, and the individual updates...
Neko7
Mage/Priest War Veteran

2007-10-08 Got a bit of a buzz just from her bloody breath.

Post by Neko7 »

At least they didn't know, so Meji abduction is probably more to stop a suspicious teenage psycho-mage than a half-elf hunting party...

Jon gonna need some time to not use his sarcastic tone when he is talking to his sister. Old habit die hard, specially when Sarine is close by...
Last edited by Neko7 on October 8th, 2007, 2:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
Pillaroforder
Heretical Monk

Re: 2007-10-08 Got a bit of a buzz just from her bloody breath.

Post by Pillaroforder »

I doubt Miyo is in any condition to help them, unless there is such a thing as a sobering spell. Hell, they have a spell for everything else, why not this.

That doorbel came rather quickly after they arrived, so I'm cautious on betting that it's Misa bringing the 'stray puppy' home.
Slamlander
Keeper of the Holy Algorithms
Location: Nyon, CH, near Geneve, on the shores of the Lac Leman. The heart of Suisse Romande.

Post by Slamlander »

Sarine wrote:helping you and Sara get ...
and then the door bell rings ...

Damn! I hate those sorts of scene changes :|

If Jon and Sara do the assault, what's Sarine going to do?
Last edited by Slamlander on October 8th, 2007, 2:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Viking-Sensei
Evil Admin Overlord
Twitter @: Kallisti_x

Post by Viking-Sensei »

Slamlander wrote:If Jon and Sara do the assault, what's Sarine going to do?
Track down a moogle so she can properly whine about how she's hardly in the comic anymore?

Sorry, I couldn't resist.

No, my bet is that while Jon and Sara go in through the front door of the embasy (AKA Operation: Diversion) she'll stand quietly by the back door waiting to fillet anyone who should happen to come running out carrying a suspiciously Meji-sized bag (AKA Operation: Backdoor Action). I'd say that she might also choose to stake out the teleportation pads, but from what we've seen/heard up until now, I doubt the elves would be forced to use the primary one if they were attempting to sneak someone in or out.
How could a plan this awesome possibly fail?
BloodHenge
Mage/Priest War Veteran

Post by BloodHenge »

Neko7 wrote:Jon gonna need some time to not use his sarcastic tone when he is talking to his sister. Old habit die hard, specially when Sarine is close by...
He might want to tone down the whole "psycho monk assholes" thing. So far, we don't have much indication of whether Sara likes or dislikes the Ensigerium, and he probably shouldn't risk alienating her.
Viking-Sensei wrote:
Track down a moogle so she can properly whine about how she's hardly in the comic anymore?
If she's also planning to try stripping naked in front of a mirror in order to get back into the comic, there are likely many readers who would fully endorse that plan.
Viking-Sensei
Evil Admin Overlord
Twitter @: Kallisti_x

Post by Viking-Sensei »

BloodHenge wrote:
Viking-Sensei wrote:
If she's also planning to try stripping naked in front of a mirror in order to get back into the comic, there are likely many readers who would fully endorse that plan.
All I'm saying is that it never hurts to ask.
How could a plan this awesome possibly fail?
Boss Out of Town
Team Captain

Post by Boss Out of Town »

Uh . . . oh . . . if old man Hinadori spilled the beans, anything could have happened. Don't think he'd sell her off directly for a trade treaty, though. He's not that specific kind of bastard.
normalphil
Heretical Monk

Post by normalphil »

Huh. Maybe it was Misa after all. (Or Sarna, somebody prone to giving Sarine the benefit of the doubt.) Although the timing is iffy for them to have come the party bearing gifts of unconscious troublemakers.
Talancir
Errant Scholar

Post by Talancir »

Viking-Sensei wrote:No, my bet is that while Jon and Sara go in through the front door of the embasy (AKA Operation: Diversion) she'll stand quietly by the back door waiting to fillet anyone who should happen to come running out carrying a suspiciously Meji-sized bag (AKA Operation: Backdoor Action).

NOOO STOP! STOP!!!!! My mind's in the gutter again! GET IT OUT!!!!!!

:roll:

Ahem... no, the timing might be right, too. I'm assuming that Meji and Bani don't live too close to each other, and Meji got a 10 min head start, which by the time Sarine found out about Meji's dissappearance, she was already at the party.

Instead of heading to the party, they went to Bani's place, so more time must have elapsed. if it IS either Sarna or Misa, we have the possability of adding yet another elf to the party! Woo!

then again, if it isn't, Sarine and crew just might have to fight the newcomer, as soon as they start wondering "what in the name of Anilis is another elf doing here?!"
BloodHenge
Mage/Priest War Veteran

Post by BloodHenge »

Boss Out of Town wrote:Uh . . . oh . . . if old man Hinadori spilled the beans, anything could have happened. Don't think he'd sell her off directly for a trade treaty, though. He's not that specific kind of bastard.
If he did mention it to the Elven ambassador, I doubt it was specifically to turn her in. So far, everything he's done to or for Meji appears to have been for her benefit, from his point of view.