2009-10-14: Stop asking questions.

For talking about the plot, the art, the dialogue, the characters, the site, and the individual updates...
Boss Out of Town
Team Captain

Re: 2009-10-14: Stop asking questions.

Post by Boss Out of Town »

pillar_of_hate wrote:
Boss Out of Town wrote:
Yep. Not only that, it talks to humans and has emotions like humans and evvverrryyythinnnngg! Of course, the most egregarious glitch in the history of fantasy and/or science fiction is when "intelligence" of gaseous, machine, or inert matter has human emotions while lacking a human endocrine system.
How do you know it doesn't? Have you dissected one?
Just last week, and we're converting the video into a movie for the Scy-Fy channel. Additional footage is being filmed in Bulgaria as we speak, with Greg Costikan as a big, beefy guy with a smile and David Keith as a smarmy, middle-aged villain.
History celebrates the battlefields whereon we meet our death, but scorns to speak of the plowed fields whereby we thrive; it knows the names of kings’ bastards but cannot tell us the origin of wheat. This is the way of human folly. --- Henry Fabre
davester65
Mage/Priest War Veteran

Post by davester65 »

Boss Out of Town wrote: Just last week, and we're converting the video into a movie for the Scy-Fy channel. Additional footage is being filmed in Bulgaria as we speak, with Greg Costikan as a big, beefy guy with a smile and David Keith as a smarmy, middle-aged villain.
Oh Cool! Does it have giant snakes in it as well? I just can't get enough of giant snake movies!!! :roll:
"Of all tyrannies a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive." - C.S. Lewis
Forrest
Finally, some love for the BJ!

Post by Forrest »

davester65 wrote:Oh Cool! Does it have giant snakes in it as well? I just can't get enough of giant snake movies!!! :roll:
Just wait until they take an Antonov An-225 Mriya and fill it to the brim with Eunectes murinus. Throw in Samuel L. Jackson and you've got Giant Muthafuckin' Snakes on a Giant Muthafuckin' Plane.
-Forrest Cameranesi, Geek of All Trades
"I am Sam. Sam I am. I do not like trolls, flames, or spam."
davester65
Mage/Priest War Veteran

Post by davester65 »

Forrest wrote:
davester65 wrote:Oh Cool! Does it have giant snakes in it as well? I just can't get enough of giant snake movies!!! :roll:
Just wait until they take an Antonov An-225 Mriya and fill it to the brim with Eunectes murinus. Throw in Samuel L. Jackson and you've got Giant Muthafuckin' Snakes on a Giant Muthafuckin' Plane.

SQUEEEEEEEEEEE!!! :D
"Of all tyrannies a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive." - C.S. Lewis
Drannin
Prince of Space

Post by Drannin »

davester65 wrote:
Forrest wrote:

SQUEEEEEEEEEEE!!! :D
...I'd pay good money to see that movie.
Boss Out of Town
Team Captain

Forrest wrote:
Giant Nazi snakes, eating a squad of generic elite soldiers one at a time. Remember, assault rifles only, as grenades, AT rockets, and artillery aren't in the special effects budget.
History celebrates the battlefields whereon we meet our death, but scorns to speak of the plowed fields whereby we thrive; it knows the names of kings’ bastards but cannot tell us the origin of wheat. This is the way of human folly. --- Henry Fabre
Forrest
Finally, some love for the BJ!

Post by Forrest »

Boss Out of Town wrote:
Forrest wrote:...on a Giant Muthafuckin' Plane.
Giant Nazi snakes, eating a squad of generic elite soldiers one at a time. Remember, assault rifles only, as grenades, AT rockets, and artillery aren't in the special effects budget.
Not to mention, probably very not good for the Giant Muthafuckin' Plane. Not that massive sprays of bullets would be much better...
Last edited by Forrest on November 10th, 2009, 10:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
-Forrest Cameranesi, Geek of All Trades
"I am Sam. Sam I am. I do not like trolls, flames, or spam."
Boss Out of Town
Team Captain

Forrest wrote:
Boss Out of Town wrote:
Forrest wrote:...on a Giant Muthafuckin' Plane[/b][/i].
Not to mention, probably very not good for the Giant Muthafuckin' Plane. Not that massive sprays of bullets would be much better...
Oh, that's all right. In Sy-fy channel movies, there isn't enough special effects budget for ricochets and bullet holes. You could fire off a thousand rounds inside a building and no holes will appear in the plaster.

Really, the only thing they spend money on are the gore effects and the Community College Computer Graphics 101 CGI effects. Don't expect to see much in the way of shadows, footprints, splashing mud, waving grass, broken twigs, reflections, or contrast lighting. Thinking about it, that may explain why the monsters sneak up on people so readily. They have so little effect on the world around them.
Tiamat
Jordan's Lab Assistant

Post by Tiamat »

Boss Out of Town wrote: Thinking about it, that may explain why the monsters sneak up on people so readily. They have so little effect on the world around them.
Except for those parts of the world that consist of fleshy bits, of course.