2009-11-02: Chapter Forty Two Commentary

For talking about the plot, the art, the dialogue, the characters, the site, and the individual updates...
Graybeard
The Heretical Admin

Re: 2009-11-02: Chapter Forty Two Commentary

Post by Graybeard »

LOL ... Nice to see Misa getting into the act here. And I second her emotion: time for the next chapter.

Because old is wise, does good, and above all, kicks ass.
The Comment Golem
Unstoppable Posting Machine

2009-11-02: Chapter Forty Two Commentary

Post by The Comment Golem »

Discussion thread for Chapter Forty Two Commentary
Rakshasa Taisab
Mage/Priest War Veteran

Post by Rakshasa Taisab »

Bad camera work... We're missing all the action.
davester65
Mage/Priest War Veteran

Post by davester65 »

I don't suppose this could possibly mean the Misa might survive to be in the sequal? Maybe?? Please???

D&D Avenger class? Bani, that's just cold.
"Of all tyrannies a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive." - C.S. Lewis
mediocrates
Forum Regular

Post by mediocrates »

davester65 wrote:I don't suppose this could possibly mean the Misa might survive to be in the sequal? Maybe?? Please???
Nah, I'm betting she dies when Ian gives attacking the elves another shot. A character like her exists for a reason, and I'm guessing that reason is for us to get attached to her and then be horrified when she gets brutally murdered.
ChunLing
Advocate of Justice

Post by ChunLing »

Well, since she's an elf she's probably safe from the thing where she demonstrates her newly developed physical courage by brutally murdering a helpless enemy. I don't think that's in the TV tropes, which makes me either happy or suspicious.

Though, given the nature of the enemy...I suppose that having a chance to totally kill some poor suffering cripple could give Misa's moral experience a lot more depth. Or, she could be interrupted in the act by Ian, who then realizes that some (okay, maybe just the one) elves are just scared little girls who've never even seen blood. Of course, expecting Ian to realize this in the heat of the moment is a bit of a stretch. So maybe she'll get to know scary little devil girl and Meji will let Ian know that he doesn't really need to kill <i>all</i> the elves.

Which then dooms Misa to outlive her entire race because she's a coward. Hah hahah.

Anyway, it's a waste to have the only innocent elf killed by Ian until after Ian has access to reliable (in his view) testimony that she is one. Right now the only character that even gives a crap about Misa's angsting over her lack of heroism is Sara...who only gives a crap because she's a complete antithesis and hurt Misa's feelings as a result. Of course, as Sara's antithesis Misa might be the logical character to demonstrate sudden awesome onset at a single critical plot moment.

I have to wonder how far Misa's only innocent elf status goes...maybe it turns out that she's actually fertile and nobody has ever bothered to find out? That would count as sudden awesome onset while still being nicely opposite of Sara's Warfness.
Kill...more...elves.
Sareth
RPG All-Star

Post by Sareth »

Oh god... not tropes... I'm doomed!

*click*

*click*

*click*
Conster
New Poster

Post by Conster »

I'm confused... what's so bad about Avengers? I was thinking about playing one in an upcoming D&D 4e campaign, but now I'm starting to worry. I was actually looking forward to being a heartless bastard who kills without remorse instead of my usual goody-two-shoes characters.

Regarding Misa, perhaps she gets killed by the upcoming superelf?
Michael Poe
The Almighty Poe

Post by Michael Poe »

Haven't played one myself, but the gist I get from stuff I read is that they take a great deal more thought to play effectively than normal strikers who get their bonus damage as simple on demand or even automatic class features. It seems all their extra damage (besides the rerolling thing) is based on what the monsters do rather than what you or your team mates do... which I could see a lot of people not being crazy about.
Dallen Andair
Errant Scholar

Post by Dallen Andair »

Oh. "Avenger" is a $e reference, no wonder I didn't get it until I read the comments. The only 4e houserule I run is "no 4e book will ever be seen in my house."
Yenhael: Nein! Nein! Nein! Nein! Nein!
Ian: Yes, yes, yes, yes, yes!