2009-11-20: The Ol’ Bastard wasn’t stupid.

For talking about the plot, the art, the dialogue, the characters, the site, and the individual updates...
Graybeard
The Heretical Admin

Re: 2009-11-20: The Ol’ Bastard wasn’t stupid.

Post by Graybeard »

"Poor barrier makers"?

Because old is wise, does good, and above all, kicks ass.
davester65
Mage/Priest War Veteran

Post by davester65 »

Graybeard wrote:"Poor barrier makers"?
At first I thought maybe Kawaii was talking about the dwarves, but then I remembered that dwarves can't use magic. The barriers were probably made before the elves knew about humans though.
"Of all tyrannies a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive." - C.S. Lewis
The Comment Golem
Unstoppable Posting Machine

2009-11-20: The Ol’ Bastard wasn’t stupid.

Post by The Comment Golem »

Slamlander
Keeper of the Holy Algorithms
Location: Nyon, CH, near Geneve, on the shores of the Lac Leman. The heart of Suisse Romande.

Post by Slamlander »

Graybeard wrote:"Poor barrier makers"?

Could be the trees that grew the barrier generators.

With that piece of info, the interrupted word wasn't Replacement.
S L A M L A N D E R
Isn't Sarine technically a MILF?
No One
Errant Scholar

Post by No One »

Slamlander wrote:With that piece of info, the interrupted word wasn't Replacement.
It still could be. We don't know what they were trying to replace.
The Comment Golem wrote:Discussion thread for The Ol’ Bastard wasn’t stupid.
Wait minute. I saw this thread (or a thread just like it) when there were no posts in it, and the comment golem was first then, why isn't it now? Is it actually changing the post order somehow?

I realize it doesn't matter, it's just... weird.
Pillaroforder
Heretical Monk

Post by Pillaroforder »

Slamlander wrote: With that piece of info, the interrupted word wasn't Replacement.
Yeah, that theory just took a blow to the head, but it's not down and out just yet. We just need more info on who needed replacing, maybe also why...
ChunLing
Advocate of Justice

Post by ChunLing »

They were replacing the human race, which was presumed extinct as a result of the three of them scr...squabbling. Apparently some of the humans were smart enough to wait out the war of the gods in caves or bunkers or something, and after a few centuries of reproducing were ready to resume ownership of the planet, only to find that someone had gone and populated it with a few new races as well as leaving magical energy all over the place.

Either that, or they were replacing the catgirls. :catgirl:

By the way, what is Senilis doing whilst these...very small brained people chat?
Kill...more...elves.
AdamZero
Mage/Priest War Veteran

Post by AdamZero »

My guess Chun, wondering how to say "GET OFF MY DAMN LAWN YOU DIRTY POINTY EARED BRATS!" without exploding their heads... or checking out the fairy gal's butts... he's a pervy old bastard, aint he?
"Now he's gone too far. NOONE ATTACKS AMERICA'S FOOD COURTS!" -Deadpool.
"Don't be so naive. I've got ulterior motives. MANY. Two, maybe three. Probably Four. I am one BIG ulterior motive." The Great Teacher, Onizuka Eikichi.
Bekul
Forum Regular

Post by Bekul »

'Spheres of Annihilation?

Alright, she might just be the smartest entity in that whole world right now.
Forrest
Finally, some love for the BJ!

Post by Forrest »

ChunLing wrote:They were replacing the human race, which was presumed extinct as a result of the three of them scr...squabbling.
Considering that's more or less exactly what the book Meji reads at the beginning of the story says (and so far it's been pretty accurate otherwise) - it doesn't say human race per se, but that after their war they set about "restoring the planet they had carelessly devastated" - that's the theory I've been rooting for all along.

I also still think that text (the original version that book is translated from) was Dwarven and not Elven in origin, as the Dwarves were told the whole truth about the creation of the world, unlike the Elves. (Also, IIRC, didn't humans not know about Dwarves until Ian or Sarine told our party? I remember someone being surprised at their mention). Now that I think about it though, since the Elven council did know about the tombs of their gods and how crazy the titmoths are and hadn't told the general public, maybe they knew the true story behind their creation too...
-Forrest Cameranesi, Geek of All Trades
"I am Sam. Sam I am. I do not like trolls, flames, or spam."