2009-11-23: So.. Next Idea?

For talking about the plot, the art, the dialogue, the characters, the site, and the individual updates...
Graybeard
The Heretical Admin

Re: 2009-11-23: So.. Next Idea?

Post by Graybeard »

Another fun thought: the Tsuirakuans are on the way, judging from the chapter title page. Just imagine the fun an insane elven god could have inhabiting the body of a human who's not only magically ultra-powerful already, but also a military mind with strategic and tactical savvy ... like, say, General Izayoi.

Because old is wise, does good, and above all, kicks ass.
normalphil
Heretical Monk

Post by normalphil »

If they had the right information on Meji's psychology, while giving her Senilis is an insane risk, it isn't an insane bet. A possible consequence of Meji-Senilis is countering Ian-Anilis and not much else that affects the elves one way or the other. That's saying a lot, when you're grasping at straws.
mindstalk
Typo-Seeking Missile

Post by mindstalk »

normalphil wrote:If they had the right information on Meji's psychology, while giving her Senilis is an insane risk, it isn't an insane bet. A possible consequence of Meji-Senilis is countering Ian-Anilis and not much else that affects the elves one way or the other. That's saying a lot, when you're grasping at straws.
Yeah, while she's probably annoyed at elves, she was down on GENOCIDE!, and seems to have come to appreciate Sarine. No long-term grudges.

Speaking of... does Sara's "every last elf in the world" include Sarine and Misa?
RGE
Errant Scholar

Post by RGE »

mindstalk wrote:I know they do, though killing them all seems rather extreme.
With extreme power comes extreme possibilities. Sure, it seems extreme for a mere mortal to contemplate something like that, but once you're a powerful demigod with a grudge you might have a different perspective. Then again, perhaps she was exaggerating. Ever so slightly.
Sareth
RPG All-Star

Post by Sareth »

Sara does not exaggerate. I'm quite sure that she would feel some degree of regret at killing off Sarine and Misa, but I assure you, in order to fulfill her promise to eradicate the entire elven race, she wouldn't flinch while taking those two out.
Graybeard
The Heretical Admin

Post by Graybeard »

On the other hand, I'm not sure the elves consider Sarine an elf any more ... so she might make it.

Misa, OTOH, would definitely be screwed.

ChunLing
Advocate of Justice

Post by ChunLing »

I think that Sara is just trying to avoid having her brain melted. Of course, there is a better than fair chance (given what she knows about all the factors involved) that she is telling the simple truth. I don't think that Sara would have a huge problem with killing Sarine, and she may not even remember Misa. I like the disconcerted look she has in the panel where genius-boy is pointing to her as the logical candidate for being taken over by Satyr Claws.
Kill...more...elves.
Forrest
Finally, some love for the BJ!

Post by Forrest »

There's also the possibility that the "god of death" is in fact *dead*, perhaps under the Anuban colonies, where (poe!wiki) no magically sensitive person wants to go or stay.
That poe note on the wiki mentions, of the Anuban colonies, that they are rumored to be "where the Exitialis fell and became the God of Death". Spurious definite article aside ("the" Exitialis?), that seems to nigh-conclusively suggest, via the term "fell", that the God of Death is also the dead god spoken of in the Lorenzel Excavations volumes. Unless there's more than one dead god lying around (not counting Lumi).

Also, I thought it would be useful to have that poe note on the Exitialis wiki page as well, but that page appears to be protected and I can't edit it. I've been neglecting my monkly duties since... well... acquiring them... so I'm not quite up to date on the state of the wiki. Help?
-Forrest Cameranesi, Geek of All Trades
"I am Sam. Sam I am. I do not like trolls, flames, or spam."
Graybeard
The Heretical Admin

Post by Graybeard »

Forrest wrote:Also, I thought it would be useful to have that poe note on the Exitialis wiki page as well, but that page appears to be protected and I can't edit it. I've been neglecting my monkly duties since... well... acquiring them... so I'm not quite up to date on the state of the wiki. Help?
Thanks for catching that. You'll recall that a couple of years ago, we had to protect all of the HKV pages because of a spambot attack. Once defenses were in place, we then went through and unprotected them, but missed a few, including this one. I just tweaked the protection for that page, so it should be possible for you, or any other heretical monk (i.e., anyone with a username registered on the HKV), to edit it now. (If you notice any others in the same state, private-message me and I'll fix them too. There are still occasional finds of protected pages, maybe one a month, that we missed.)

Wonder if maybe that definite article isn't spurious? Might the elven gods be not beings, but things?

Neko7
Mage/Priest War Veteran

Post by Neko7 »

About Meji attitude toward death at the beginning of the story:

1- If Tsuiraku is anything like earth self-centred countries, there is a part of the population that look at the rest of the world like an inferieur race and, in a fantasy-fantastic the context, killing some of those people would be slithly moraly more bothering than killing animals.

2- At the beginning Meji wasn't living her journey, she was living a live-action TV serie about going in adventure in the primitive-underdevelloped world outside of Tsuiraku, like those she have see on TV... Errr, Cristal-Entertainement-Video-Receiver at home during all her life.
Do you bother being sorry for the wave of useless minion being slaghter by the heros each episode? Or those that boher the heros themselves? No, of course not, they are just that: minion, mindless burglar, pittiful rifraf, micro scum on earth living for the very purpose to be canonmeat to be opposed to the heros plan to accomplish theirs great destiny, so she was on her way to (again, at the beginning)

We live in an overly media-fantasied world, none of you know kinds/teenage/even adults who know the rest of the world only thru the delusion of their TV screen and that look toward it (the rest of the world) as they have the obvious right given by the status of center caracter of a TV serie? That was Meji, the 12/17years old kid who left her home.

3- She have already showed that she used offensive spell on people within Tsuiraku (lighting on the Harry Potter's like librarian), and they(the spells) don't seems to damaging. It is assumable that Tsuirakien have some sort of protection agains magic effect, now that we is wandering around in the outside world, why would she be bother about casting spell on people since she always dis that before. May be those new people are more squishy because no magic protection, but if I'm use to slap the face of people where-ever I go, why would I bother worry if the people of this new place where I am all get a nosebleed from it...
Last edited by Neko7 on November 24th, 2009, 11:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.