Old EN character profiles

Share the love (well, ok, not literally, that might get messy) for Poe's first big outing into the webcomic world.
Ghost in the Shell
Jordan's Lab Assistant

Old EN character profiles

Post by Ghost in the Shell »

Has anybody saved the old character profiles of EN? I mean the ones that were part of the first site, way before the wiki and way before ES started. I am occasionally cleaning up the wiki from spam and thought it would be nice to have some more character info, but I have been hesitant of adding new entries for two reasons: First I thought to better wait until the whole architecture gets updated and is perhaps a bit more smap-bot resistant (more pages now would mean more targets for the bots) and second I just lack some info. I can recall a bit and of course much can be deducted from the comic itself, but I remember that e.g. about the prison bitch Dave there were some additional facts mentioned in his profile that don't get that clear from the comic. Or take Babylon Jones.
So if anybody has for example a backup of those old entries please let me know here and I'll add them to the wiki as soon as it gets updated. Or add them to the wiki directly, if you want to.
In general I think it would be a cool idea to kind of revive "the old times" a bit. Not as a competition for ES or the ES wiki, but just for nostalgia. ^_^
Viking-Sensei
Evil Admin Overlord
Twitter @: Kallisti_x

Re: Old EN character profiles

Post by Viking-Sensei »

The Internet Archive has this awesome device called The Wayback Machine where it apparently crawls the internets and records... everything, creating a static snapshot of The Web That Was at any given point. If you can sort of remember around when those archives were at, you can usually locate most things there. Pictures aren't so easy to find, but text is almost always preserved.
How could a plan this awesome possibly fail?
Ghost in the Shell
Jordan's Lab Assistant

Re: Old EN character profiles

Post by Ghost in the Shell »

Cool, thanks a lot Viking!
I checked it out and now am dwelling in above mentioned nostalgia... It even still has most of the images, though the site is slow as hell. It's exactly as I remembered, but I found out I totally forgot about the dog turning into a taco. Just more info about Babylon isn't there, so I wonder whether my twisted mind maybe made up having read some more info about her in the past... So does anybody know if and/or when there actually was a character profile of Babylon Jones online? I think I remember something about her being (almost) immortal after some strange near-death experience and something with a monk or so...
(Now why do I get the feeling to be hallucinating?...)

:edit: Crap, I should stop posting before I actually really did something I am asking for myself... Found it.