Note: HTML is not supported by phpBB3

Rules, announcements, suggestions, elections, and all the other fun things that make our forums tick.
Imp-Chan
Not Yet Dead
Twitter @: ImpChan

Note: HTML is not supported by phpBB3

Post by Imp-Chan »

I don't know about you all, but I'm pretty used to ignoring BBCode in favor of my usual HTML. Since that isn't supported anymore, here's a handy list of BBCode that can be used as a reference while you're getting used to our new board:

Wikipedia to the Rescue

^-^'
Because scary little devil girls have to stick together.
finalcarrot
Forum Regular

Re: Note: HTML is not supported by phpBB3

Post by finalcarrot »

It's completely unsupported? I haven't progressed to 3 yet, but I heard development was including the option to allow HTML tags as long as the administrator's panel had it listed as allowable.
Imp-Chan
Not Yet Dead
Twitter @: ImpChan

Post by Imp-Chan »

Well, I can't find anywhere in the admin panel to turn it on, and the support forum says it's not enabled at all for security reasons. Good thing this board ISN'T a migration/upgrade from the earlier one... half the posts would be broken when the HTML stopped working.

-_-'
Because scary little devil girls have to stick together.
Viking-Sensei
Evil Admin Overlord
Twitter @: Kallisti_x

Post by Viking-Sensei »

The nice thing about phpBB3 is the adaptability. Once upon a time, you had to hack apart the code to make any changes to the BBCode system... now, you've just got to add some options in the admin panel.

That said, (hopefully with Impy's blessing), I took the liberty of adding a couple of useful BBCodes to the list of ones we already had.

Code: Select all

[s] [/s]
is for everyone's favorite Strikethrough action, for when you want to mouth off to someone say something without completely saying it.

Code: Select all

[Spoiler] [/Spoiler]
This enables a modified but nifty version of the old board's spoilers.
Spoiler: show
... shhh! It's a secret. I know kung fu.
The Spoilers one I figure is especially important, given the nature of the discussions that tend to fly around here.

As we find others that are appropriate and applicable, I'm sure we can run a few more up, however I don't want to put too many lest we overcrowd the options bar on top of the post.
How could a plan this awesome possibly fail?
finalcarrot
Forum Regular

Post by finalcarrot »

Oh thank you, sir! I love phpBB and I really need to upgrade to 3, but haven't convinced any of the owners of the boards I admin to upgrade. I have fiercely guarded the code from their inept hands and they don't seem to see the necessity in upgrading.
Viking-Sensei
Evil Admin Overlord

Post by Viking-Sensei »

I got the two new ones I implemented from here, where they seem to have a full (perhaps too full) list of things people have tried to various degrees of success. I'm not saying we need any of them... I'm just saying here's a good list of things I can readily add if the need should take us. (Also as reference for FinalCarrot's other boardly masters)
finalcarrot
Forum Regular

Post by finalcarrot »

Olympus Mods, LOL.

Mighty volcano of Star Trek!
Neko7
Mage/Priest War Veteran

Post by Neko7 »

Viking-Sensei wrote:The nice thing about phpBB3 is the adaptability. Once upon a time, you had to hack apart the code to make any changes to the BBCode system... now, you've just got to add some options in the admin panel.

Bla bla bla bla / Yadi yada yada yada

As we find others that are appropriate and applicable, I'm sure we can run a few more up, however I don't want to put too many lest we overcrowd the options bar on top of the post.

Just one thing... When we clic on the
We are kick at the top of the page, and we have to scroll down to the spoiler part to read it, is that normal, or just a calibration to do?
finalcarrot
Forum Regular

Post by finalcarrot »

I think that's just you. It's not happening on my end.
Viking-Sensei
Evil Admin Overlord

Post by Viking-Sensei »

Neko7 wrote:Just one thing... When we clic on the
We are kick at the top of the page, and we have to scroll down to the spoiler part to read it, is that normal, or just a calibration to do?
What OS and Browser are you using?

I loaded up the most generic and generally universal code I could find and tested it in IE, Firefox, and Netscape... but I've only got the Windoze XP, and didn't feel like hunting down Squichi's mac laptop to cross-os-verify compatibility.