Electionocution 2007 - Polling Station

Rules, announcements, suggestions, elections, and all the other fun things that make our forums tick.

Cast thine votes into yon ether!

Poll ended at November 8th, 2007, 12:01 am

Issue 2 - (Against) I feel that we need all three members of the Admin Council. Impy and Poe should immediately choose a third member.
No votes
Issue 2 - (For) I feel that we are fine with only two members of the Admin Council. Impy and Poe can choose a third member when and if they feel it is needed.
33%
Issue 3 - (Against) I feel that we need to select Category Moderators at this time.
No votes
Issue 3 - (For) I feel that we are fine without Category Moderators at this time. If it should become obvious that we need one/all of them, they can be selected at that time.
33%
Issue 4 - (Poe and Impy) I vote to give the right honorable founders the power to break ties on official board votes.
22%
Issue 4 - (Admin Council) I vote to give the noble and just Admin Council the power to break ties on official board votes.
6%
Issue 4 - (Recount) I vote that, in the event of a tie, the two or more options that tied go into a special "recount" mode where they are re-voted-upon by everyone in the hope of breaking the deadlock.
6%

Total votes: 18

Viking-Sensei
Evil Admin Overlord
Twitter @: Kallisti_x

Electionocution 2007 - Polling Station

Post by Viking-Sensei »

IMPORTANT, PLEASE READ!

The way this poll is set up, you get four three choices... please only make one choice per issue. You don't have to use all selections - you can choose not to decide on any of the issues. Also, since Graybeard is running unopposed, Issue 1 has been removed from the ballot. Welcome to the Council, Graybeard.

Issue 1) Direct Elect of Admin Council Member
Choose from amongst your ranks a new member for the Admin Council. Candidates for this are chosen from the willing nominations accumulated between Midnight EDT 1/1 and Midnight EDT 1/7 when official voting begins.

This person will gain all rights, privlages, and responsibilties that come with the title of "Admin" for the period of 1 year or until their resignation. They will work with the other member(s) of the Admin Council to promote good board health and organization, to establish and enforce rules where applicable, and to set a positive role model for other posters. This position directly answers to Impy and Poe, and is accountable to the other member(s) of the Admin Council.

Issue 2) Third Admin Status
This issue revolves around the status of the Third Admin, listed in the original charter as a direct apointee by Impy and Poe. The proposed amendment to current policy would suspend the selection of a third admin until Poe, Impy, The Admin Council, or the boards in general feel that we require a third.
(Against) I feel that we need all three members of the Admin Council. Impy and Poe should immediately choose a third member.
(For) I feel that we are fine with only two members of the Admin Council. Impy and Poe can choose a third member when and if they feel it is needed.

Issue 3) Category Moderator
At this time, according to the charter, we should also be either electing or nominating Category Moderators. The proposed amendment to current policy would suspend the selection of Category Moderators until Poe, Impy, The Admin Council, or the boards in general feel that we would require one.
(Against) I feel that we need to select Category Moderators at this time.
(For) I feel that we are fine without Category Moderators at this time. If it should become obvious that we need one/all of them, they can be selected at that time.

Issue 4) Tie Vote Ammendment
This is to decide who will cast the official Errant Story Forum "Tie Breaker" vote in case of a tie. This power will only be enacted in the event of a tie during an official voting session.
(Poe and Impy) I vote to give the right honorable founders the power to break ties on official board votes.
(Admin Council) I vote to give the noble and just Admin Council the power to break ties on official board votes.
(Recount) I vote that, in the event of a tie, the two or more options that tied go into a special "recount" mode where they are re-voted-upon by everyone in the hope of breaking the deadlock.
How could a plan this awesome possibly fail?
Viking-Sensei
Evil Admin Overlord
Twitter @: Kallisti_x

Re: Electionocution 2007 - Polling Station

Post by Viking-Sensei »

Well, it's settled...

Thanks for voting, all of you who participated.
How could a plan this awesome possibly fail?