2011-10-28: Hospital Update - Please Read

Rules, announcements, suggestions, elections, and all the other fun things that make our forums tick.
Bytemite
Resident Wormhole Lawyer

Re: 2011-10-28: Hospital Update - Please Read

Post by Bytemite »

The only reason I can think of why they would have removed part of her thyroid at this point is due to inflammation from infection. And I can't decide yet based on the information if these were some kind of nasty infectious strains that were lying around the hospital and the surgeries keep introducing or if the allergic reaction to the medicine she had to take for her liver and kidney a while back weakened her immune system so bad that she's catching everything that goes by right now.

In any case, she's made of something strong. In my experience if someone makes it through complication after complication like this, they pull through. It's kind of like when my grandmother got in a near-fatal car wreck, the hospital morphine overdosed her, and she had a heartattack requiring a quintuple bypass as a result. At some point the reasonable conclusion to make is that this person can take ANYTHING.
Mord
Forum Regular

Post by Mord »

Bytemite wrote:The only reason I can think of why they would have removed part of her thyroid at this point is due to inflammation from infection. And I can't decide yet based on the information if these were some kind of nasty infectious strains that were lying around the hospital and the surgeries keep introducing or if the allergic reaction to the medicine she had to take for her liver and kidney a while back weakened her immune system so bad that she's catching everything that goes by right now.

In any case, she's made of something strong. In my experience if someone makes it through complication after complication like this, they pull through. It's kind of like when my grandmother got in a near-fatal car wreck, the hospital morphine overdosed her, and she had a heartattack requiring a quintuple bypass as a result. At some point the reasonable conclusion to make is that this person can take ANYTHING.
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=2013

Having her thyroid removed was planned before she went back into the hospital due to complications.
KojiroTakenashi
New Poster

Post by KojiroTakenashi »

I don't have much money, but I at least threw a dollar their way (I normally can't even afford that much). I of all people should be able to appreciate how much of a difference cash from the crowd can make, so there you go.

Really hope she gets better.
Jack the R
New Poster

Post by Jack the R »

I can help out with guest art. You can see my stuff @xtin.net. Let me know if you have anything in mind. Manga style not a problem.
Bytemite
Resident Wormhole Lawyer

Post by Bytemite »

Mord: Ah, okay. That makes more sense.
Tomcat
New Poster

Post by Tomcat »

So. I'm a longtime fanboy, occasional donor, and I'm finally joining the forum at this late date simply to wish you well. Get well soon!
Viking-Sensei
Evil Admin Overlord
Twitter @: Kallisti_x

Post by Viking-Sensei »

New update: Impy is off sedation and at least sorta awake. I'll have to wait until I speak to Poe directly again for a more complete update, at which time there will probably be a newspost, but it's looking a bit better.
How could a plan this awesome possibly fail?
RegalSin
New Poster

Post by RegalSin »

My GrandMother is taking blood thinner, after her heart attack. The problem is the clothing time. Her blood is not clothing fast enough. My father keeps saying the blood thinner is made from a material found in rodent posin, and that she does not needs it. She has to lot of veggies in her meals, to increase clothing time, and gets tested for it every week.

Reminds me of one my uncle who had surgery but since it was not corrected in time he had to go back to the hospital, or my aunts medicine tube ( chemotherapy ) was infected, and that caused other problems.

I hope she gets out, and does not have to keep taking the thinner, on a regular basis. She is way too young to be on pills.
Sareth
RPG All-Star

Post by Sareth »

It's not age that causes a need for pills. Impy has been on pills for most her life, if I recall, and I've been on pills for several years myself. Neither of us have age to blame for that.
Graybeard
The Heretical Admin

Post by Graybeard »

So is there any recent news? It's been a couple of weeks ... and we worry, you know.

Because old is wise, does good, and above all, kicks ass.