Why are there so many forums?

Rules, announcements, suggestions, elections, and all the other fun things that make our forums tick.
asimperson
One Post Wonder

Why are there so many forums?

Post by asimperson »

I know this is brand new and everything, but it seems to me there are way to many boards.

If nothing else, it's confusing that some of the names are duplicated, even if they are separated into categories. For instance, I clicked on the first "Errant Story" board I saw expecting discussion but it turned out to be the news post forum.
Imp-Chan
Not Yet Dead
Twitter @: ImpChan

Re: Why are there so many forums?

Post by Imp-Chan »

Well, I fixed the duplication, because that was confusing me too.

There are so many boards because the plan is for this to become a huge and varied community. So far, there's only a few that haven't been used, so I'd say it was a good call and they'll probably flesh out nicely over time.

^-^'
Because scary little devil girls have to stick together.
BandMan2K
Errant Scholar

Post by BandMan2K »

It's the same thinking as doing measurements - Measure twice, cut once and always have more than you think you need because there's nothing like being in the middle of the project and find out you've run out of essential supplies. You can always cut off excess afterwards.
Imp-Chan
Not Yet Dead
Twitter @: ImpChan

Re: Why are there so many forums?

Post by Imp-Chan »

I think, in light of how the boards are being used, that one thing we should do is combine the Current Events and Debate boards into one board.

We should also probably have a general discussion board.

-_-'
Because scary little devil girls have to stick together.