Upcoming Board Changes

Rules, announcements, suggestions, elections, and all the other fun things that make our forums tick.
Viking-Sensei
Evil Admin Overlord
Twitter @: Kallisti_x

Upcoming Board Changes

Post by Viking-Sensei »

As some of you may have noticed, the "Community Bulletin Board" has become the "General Discussion" forum.

We've identified that, while we had an entire section named General Discussions, there really wasn't that much general discussion going on there, and what there has been has been sort of scattered around the boards without really having a home. So, seeing as this was the closest without actually being called it, it has now also... um... been called it.

In the next few days, we also plan on merging or re-arranging a few of the forums in the Community Center and the General Discussion categories in an attempt to de-clutter and re-vitalize the lower half of the boards, which have not been seeing nearly as much traffic, discussion, or general cool shit as I'd personally like to see. In an attempt to make things simple and a little more homey, on the block for changes are:
  • General Discussion as a full category is going to go away... it's forums are going to be merged into the Community Center category
  • Rules, Suggestions, Polling Station, and Announcements will be merged into a sort of 'forum administration' forum, of which we haven't come up with a spiffy name yet. (Suggestions are welcome)
  • Pop Culture and Current Events and Debate will be merged into this (the General Discussion) forum. We're working on some sort of tagging system so if someone wants to have a serious no-holds-barred 'debate' thread we can still offer the little-to-no interference we've been providing up until now.
So in the end it's going to look something like this:
  • The "Forum" Forum (Rules, Suggestions, Announcements, Voting, etc)
  • General Discussion (now containing all previous posts from Debate and Pop Culture too)
  • Images and Artwork (new name, same forum)
  • Webcomics (no changes)
  • Games (no changes)
  • Conventions (no changes)
  • Purgatory (no changes)
As always, because we want to empower you the peoples, we're not going to go ahead with this unless we feel we have the support (or at least the apathetic disinterest) of the masses. So if you have suggestions you'd like to make, new forums you'd like to see rise out of this, or general comments, please speak now or forever hold your peas.
How could a plan this awesome possibly fail?
Imp-Chan
Not Yet Dead
Twitter @: ImpChan

Re: Upcoming Board Changes

Post by Imp-Chan »

Well... not really forever. It can always get changed again if folks feel the need.

^-^'
Because scary little devil girls have to stick together.
Shteven
Forum Regular

Post by Shteven »

<generic gesture of support>

I figured someone should reply ;)
Viking-Sensei
Evil Admin Overlord

Post by Viking-Sensei »

Thanks for the overwhelming support in this plan, 100% of the person who has replied thusfar.

This plan will most likely be enacted on Friday, so by this weekend, we'll have some neat stuff going on.
zanntos
Errant Scholar

Post by zanntos »

I'll also voice the support since it's a good idea and Shteven won't be lonely in here :)
Viking-Sensei
Evil Admin Overlord

Post by Viking-Sensei »

It is done.

Everything went mostly according to plan. There were a couple minor glitches moving things at first, but I think everything's better now. If you would find something... weird... please let me know.

I've also added some new descriptions to some of the forums - these may or may not stay up, pending intervention from Impy. I'm not overly pleased with what we've got for General Discussions, however am at a loss to come up with anything more cleverer at this time... so your suggestions would be welcome.

With the new changes, I'd like to strongly encourage everybody to go check out the lower half of the forums. We've got a decent community here, and while it will at it's core remain a discussion forum for the works of Poe, I'd personally like to see it evolve into something more.

Go, hang out, talk to people, put up pictures, post links to bad youtube videos, have fun.