Wiki Forum?

Rules, announcements, suggestions, elections, and all the other fun things that make our forums tick.
Imp-Chan
Not Yet Dead
Twitter @: ImpChan

Wiki Forum?

Post by Imp-Chan »

Do the wikiers want a separate forum for wiki discussions (either right now or conceivably in the future), or are you generally cool with running stuff both on the wiki and in the existing comic forums?

Also, I've noticed that there really isn't a place for general community chat in my grand plans here... do people want such a board, and if so, should it be under the Community Center or General Discussions?

Yes, I realize that right now it'd be stupid to add yet more boards... this is really more a question for directionality in the future. Plus, I want a place to start a thread for posting cool recipes and culinary anecdotes, and I realized this evening that I did not have one.

^-^'
Because scary little devil girls have to stick together.
Graybeard
The Heretical Admin

Re: Wiki Forum?

Post by Graybeard »

Imp-Chan wrote:Do the wikiers want a separate forum for wiki discussions (either right now or conceivably in the future), or are you generally cool with running stuff both on the wiki and in the existing comic forums?

^-^'
Truth be told, there isn't really that much discussion on the wiki. When an article needs to be written or updated, someone just does it. Discussions of the wiki, however, would not only interest more people (maybe), but also help us Heretic Monks write wiki stuff in a way that is responsive to the needs and desires of the readers. I'd therefore like to see a wiki forum, particularly since we're still unable to add new authors to the wiki because of the %$*&# spambots. (Speaking of which, any progress on getting that fixed? One spambot managed to sneak through the defenses this week, but I blocked it -- looks like we just missed it when doing the big anti-spambot campaign a few weeks ago.)

All of this will need to get revisited when some of the plans that you and I have discussed get put into action ;) , but no rush.
pillar_of_hate
Forum Regular

Re: Wiki Forum?

Post by pillar_of_hate »

I say, toss the current events and debate boards and replace them with a wiki board. I realize these are useful as a dumping ground for threads on other boards that roam off-topic and annoy those not interested, but a) how often do you expect that to happen, and b) why not tell them to just knock it off?

That's my opinion, anyway. Practically every message board I've ever used has had general discussion boards like this, but no one ever uses them. If someone wants to have these sorts of discussions, they can go to one of these other boards, or just troll 4chan.