Meteors

Because it only took Viking-Sensei three years (and the approaching end of Errant Story) to come up with a better name for "General Discussions"
Graybeard
The Heretical Admin

Meteors

Post by Graybeard »

This has nothing to do with Errant Story other than a fancied resemblance to the bright lights that Meji is currently generating, but: just as a reminder to readers, the Geminid meteor shower reaches its peak tomorrow (Sunday) night (US time zones), and based on what it's doing tonight, before the peak, it could be a HONKER of a shower. We saw a bushel of them while walking the dog tonight, despite sub-optimal sky conditions.

If your skies are clear Sunday night, get bundled up and look for them coming out of the constellation Gemini, just north of prominent Orion. Best viewing is after 9 p.m. local time, so it'll be cold for us northern hemisphere types. But they're worth the effort.

Because old is wise, does good, and above all, kicks ass.
davester65
Mage/Priest War Veteran

Re: Meteors

Post by davester65 »

It's raining/snowing here, so no luck for me. :cry:
"Of all tyrannies a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive." - C.S. Lewis
Imp-Chan
Not Yet Dead
Twitter @: ImpChan

Re: Meteors

Post by Imp-Chan »

I saw a couple bright streaking lights around 7:30 that might have been meteors. Or hallucinations.

Then I got distracted by D&D, and while the meteors were mentioned, we were mid-encounter so didn't venture forth to see them as there was a deadline on the evening. There was also mention of bright lights in the sky, but that was just one of the characters using pyrotechnic bananas as a distraction technique to get us a second surprise round.

-_-'
Because scary little devil girls have to stick together.