Without Prejudice?

Because it only took Viking-Sensei three years (and the approaching end of Errant Story) to come up with a better name for "General Discussions"
finalcarrot
Forum Regular

Without Prejudice?

Post by finalcarrot »

Has anyone seen this show? It comes on Sunday nights on the Game Show Network and it is intense. A panel of five random people judges a group of five other people based on their first impressions via video. One of those people is eliminated solely on their 30 second introduction.

More is revealed via video and votes are taken after each new revelatory category. In the final two, they come out and speak to the random 5 judging them and plead their case for $25,000.

It's an amazing look into the psyche of some people, particularly the judges as they bicker among themselves about why someone isn't worth the money.

Check it out and let me know what you think. It's clean language, but some of the implications to what people say might have your ears burning.
Viking-Sensei
Evil Admin Overlord
Twitter @: Kallisti_x

Re: Without Prejudice?

Post by Viking-Sensei »

Alas, GSN is one tier higher than I'm willing to pay for on my cable structure. I really wish I could trade some of the channels I never watch for some I do... you know, like experience points that I can allocate towards certain fields.
How could a plan this awesome possibly fail?
finalcarrot
Forum Regular

Post by finalcarrot »

GOD YES! Why can't I give up CMT and AMC for something like HBO?
BandMan2K
Errant Scholar

Post by BandMan2K »

Only seen part of one episode and honestly thought it was a bit contrived. Instead of hearing them bickering over giving one of those people the money I'm thinking, "HEY! Why not give me the green? I need it too." By that point, I'm bored and switch back to "Cash Cab." At least there I can expand my mind a bit and not feel like an idiot like with "Jeopardy."
Viking-Sensei
Evil Admin Overlord

Post by Viking-Sensei »

I miss some of the weird ass shows that GSN had.

Lingo... with the random classic bucket of letters and even more random classic cheesy host.

Cram... the one where they made the people stay up and awake all night studying then taunted them with beds and soft pillows while forcing them to answer questions they may or may not even know.

Or the best one of all... I think it was called Russian Roulette... that show with the trap doors in the floor and if people got things wrong they fell through with almost no warning.

Is any of that stuff still on?
BandMan2K
Errant Scholar

Post by BandMan2K »

Viking-Sensei wrote:I miss some of the weird ass shows that GSN had.

Lingo... with the random classic bucket of letters and even more random classic cheesy host.

Cram... the one where they made the people stay up and awake all night studying then taunted them with beds and soft pillows while forcing them to answer questions they may or may not even know.

Or the best one of all... I think it was called Russian Roulette... that show with the trap doors in the floor and if people got things wrong they fell through with almost no warning.

Is any of that stuff still on?
Lingo with the Immortal Chuck Woolery is still on. Cram I'm not so sure. Russian Roulette may be but I'm not so sure. Honestly, if I'm going to watch a game show I'll watch the old Match Game '73. Best use of censor-dodging double entendres ever put on the boob tube.
finalcarrot
Forum Regular

Post by finalcarrot »

And the infamous Gene Rayburn slip-up, "Doesn't she have beautiful nipples? Oh God -- dimples! Doesn't she have beautiful dimples!"

Yet, still not the funniest blooper on a gameshow...
BandMan2K
Errant Scholar

Post by BandMan2K »

finalcarrot wrote:And the infamous Gene Rayburn slip-up, "Doesn't she have beautiful nipples? Oh God -- dimples! Doesn't she have beautiful dimples!"

Yet, still not the funniest blooper on a gameshow...
Would you be referring to Bob Eubanks and "The Newlywed Game" with the question: "Name the most unusual spot where you and he made 'Whoopee'."
finalcarrot
Forum Regular

Post by finalcarrot »

Yes, yes I would.

For those of you who don't know, the answer, upon pressuring a poor woman with no idea how to answer was, "In...the ass?"

Radio Edit: Had they switched to Chuck Woolery yet or was it still Eubanks?
Viking-Sensei
Evil Admin Overlord

Post by Viking-Sensei »

finalcarrot wrote:Yes, yes I would.

For those of you who don't know, the answer, upon pressuring a poor woman with no idea how to answer was, "In...the ass?"

Radio Edit: Had they switched to Chuck Woolery yet or was it still Eubanks?
I thought it was Eubanks, and the answer was "In the butt, Bob."

While we're on the topic of classic gameshow moments, did they ever replay the infamous "Press Your Luck" scandal where the guy memorized the board sequence and 'won' the game, taking them for more than $110,000 in 45 spins.