HEX

Because it only took Viking-Sensei three years (and the approaching end of Errant Story) to come up with a better name for "General Discussions"
Imp-Chan
Not Yet Dead
Twitter @: ImpChan

HEX

Post by Imp-Chan »

So... who's seen this one, then?

Despite the wildly cliched premise and the uncomfortable-looking corset the main character insists on fighting in, I did enjoy what I've seen of this show so far. I especially liked the presentation of Raphael as a much darker than one might expect archangel... except for the lust for the main character, which was sortof sudden and kinda meh.

The Xander character (named Leon here, I think), is nicely played though. He manages to pull off the all-around good guy way underpowered sidekick archetype quite well, and I found myself genuinely liking him even when he was evil. Thelma, on the other hand, I long ago lost all respect for. I just don't put up with sniveling as an excuse for immorality and betrayal, and her waffling, while necessary to drive many of the episodes, was all too human. I liked her best when she was picking a side and sticking with it towards the end.

Here's the big "but" for this show though: I was finding Malachi and his schemes downright tedious by the end of the second season, and frankly I'd just as soon skip hearing any more from him. He's just so drearily and boringly evil, it's kinda pathetic. I mean, he's half human... you'd think he'd show at least a LITTLE imagination! I liked him much better when he was trying to dodge his fate, but I resented like hell that even when his schemes are boring, the "good guys" are losing to him anyways.

^-^'
Because scary little devil girls have to stick together.