My Open Door Policy

Because it only took Viking-Sensei three years (and the approaching end of Errant Story) to come up with a better name for "General Discussions"
Viking-Sensei
Evil Admin Overlord
Twitter @: Kallisti_x

My Open Door Policy

Post by Viking-Sensei »

I just wanted you all to know that, as your first appointed God Admin, that any of you can come to me for help.

I've been a member of a number of unmoderated or poorly moderated boards in the past, so I know the horrors that can evolve when people are completely left to their own devices. I've also been a member of a couple of over-moderated boards, and know the 'buzzkill' that can come from Big Brother watchfullness. I strive to hit somewhere inbetween... less like a big brother or an absentee parent... more like a favorite uncle who knows three places where you can hide a body should the occasion ever arise.

I'd like to peacefully settle any disputes that may get out of hand before we have to start waving around such terrible words as "delete", "ban", "ban for life", "turn into a newt", and so on. So, if you see things are getting out of hand, or worry that something bad may be forming on the horizon, drop me a line before things go crazy so that I might calm things down.

Your Admin,
Jim (The Viking-Sensei)
How could a plan this awesome possibly fail?
finalcarrot
Forum Regular

Re: My Open Door Policy

Post by finalcarrot »

You're right on track with this thing. I'd hate to see you become the distant dad, forgetting our softball games and leaving us at school to have pint with the guys. I'd also hate to see you become Mommy Dearest and crush us with your overbearing and incessant watching.

You've always been a fun poster, I'm sure you'll be the same as an admin.

Hail Viking Master!
LaurenTheIntern
Booth Minion

Re: My Open Door Policy

Post by LaurenTheIntern »

Good policy, Viking-Man! I'll be your fan girl any day. :)