Elder Scrolls Oblivion Mods?

Because it only took Viking-Sensei three years (and the approaching end of Errant Story) to come up with a better name for "General Discussions"
Aasharu
One Post Wonder

Elder Scrolls Oblivion Mods?

Post by Aasharu »

So, I've been a reader of Errant Story and Exploitation Now! for a few years, but never really felt compelled to join the forums. This changed when I recently started reading Does Not Play Well With Others, and specifically, when I read this comic. In a quirk of fate, I have just recently decided to re-install Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion, but I have yet to start playing it again. When last I played it, I downloaded and installed many mods, because, as Poe's comic so eloquently states, Elder Scrolls games usually have many problems that mods solve. The problem is, my mod selection was... haphazard, and I wound up breaking the game more then I fixed it. Then, I read that comic, and figured I'd join up here and ask people more learned then I in this matter. In regards to Oblivion, what mods would you recommend as essential? What mods do you feel are quality? To kick off, I already know one mod I'm getting - I have the Frostcrag Tower DLC, and I already picked up the Frostcrag Reborn mod, since it makes the tower so much more interesting.