Rifftrax - The 2007 Christmas Special

Because it only took Viking-Sensei three years (and the approaching end of Errant Story) to come up with a better name for "General Discussions"
Viking-Sensei
Evil Admin Overlord
Twitter @: Kallisti_x

Rifftrax - The 2007 Christmas Special

Post by Viking-Sensei »

OMFG.

(And, for those who know me, I almost never say OMG, let alone OMFG.)

I am renound for my love of all things MST3K*-Related, and so I unabashedly cheered when Rifftrax** premiered a year and change ago... I've been a frequent supporter, both in morale and in finance, and they've slowly and steadily grown into a wonderful organization I'm happy to toss a few bucks the way of every time they come out with a new Trax. Well... this time, I believe they may have officially outdone themselves.

That's right... they're doing the Star Wars Holiday Special.

Bill : (During the all-wookie intro) "Now, disturbing thought, but I'm charging ahead with it anyway... if you're a furry and you're watching this, are you turned on?"
Kevin : "Can I be excused now?"

Bill : "I knew it would come to it one day...the moment when I have to gouge my own eyes out."

...there are no words.

* For those of you not in 'the know', MST3K (or Mystery Science Theatre 3000, if you will) was a show here in the USA and across select parts of the world where they'd take an old bad movie and make fun of it relentlessly until it rolls over and surrenders.
** Rifftrax is a new thing started by several of the MST3K cast wherein they provide a podcast of themselves making fun of a movie, which you play along with the movie... thereby bypassing all sorts of horrible copyright issues. You should check them out.
How could a plan this awesome possibly fail?
Imp-Chan
Not Yet Dead
Twitter @: ImpChan

Re: Rifftrax - The 2007 Christmas Special

Post by Imp-Chan »

Jim... we did this two years ago, minus the riff track but with our own horrified commentary aplenty, remember? We then followed up with, what was it... Conan?

I'm sorry, I just don't have it in me to watch that much concentrated awful a second time.

-_-'
Because scary little devil girls have to stick together.
Vavrek
Errant Scholar

Post by Vavrek »

Many thanks, Resident Viking! I did not know about these "Rifftrax", but having looked at a few of the samples, I have deduced that they are awesome. At least when there's multiple voices involved. However, I have no money, as my lack of donations to Impy (sorry 'bout that) can attest. I shall keep this in mind for my budgeting, when I finally get another job.

(Never saw the Holiday Special, though.)
Viking-Sensei
Evil Admin Overlord
Twitter @: Kallisti_x

Post by Viking-Sensei »

Vavrek wrote:Many thanks, Resident Viking! I did not know about these "Rifftrax", but having looked at a few of the samples, I have deduced that they are awesome. At least when there's multiple voices involved.
Yeah, the first few are a little rough, but once Mike gets his stride down it's all good after that. The ones with he, Bill, and Kevin are really good, however some of the ones where he's paired up with a different person were very high quality too. Of the non-trio riffs, I'd personally recommend Glitter with Mary Jo (Pearl Forrester) and Willy Wonka with Neil Patrick Harris. Other favorites are Eragon, Aeon Flux, Firewall, and Daredevil.
How could a plan this awesome possibly fail?