A-Kon 2011: Minion Needed!

Because it only took Viking-Sensei three years (and the approaching end of Errant Story) to come up with a better name for "General Discussions"
Imp-Chan
Not Yet Dead
Twitter @: ImpChan

A-Kon 2011: Minion Needed!

Post by Imp-Chan »

Our usual cast of minions is unavailable for A-Kon, so we need a surrogate minion to help us out. We mostly need someone to watch the booth and sell the books while we're at our panels, since we have a lot of them scheduled and don't want to impose on the convention staff for security at the table.

We can offer a free badge and some swag, and possibly comp some meals as well. Also, you'd have our undying gratitude.

If you're interested in helping out, just PM me and let me know. Thanks!

^-^'

Edit: Okay, we have a minion now. Thanks guys!
Because scary little devil girls have to stick together.
Graybeard
The Heretical Admin

Re: A-Kon 2011: Minion Needed!

Post by Graybeard »

Glad to hear you found your minion. How did the con go? Details! We want details! :geek:

Because old is wise, does good, and above all, kicks ass.
Imp-Chan
Not Yet Dead
Twitter @: ImpChan

Re: A-Kon 2011: Minion Needed!

Post by Imp-Chan »

There's an entire day left, but so far I love A-Kon. They've been nothing but friendly, helpful, interested, engaged, and... profitable.

Our panels have been packed, there's a nicely mixed demographic here of both older and younger fans. The other guests have been pleasant to talk to when we've seen them. The guest relations staff are angels who feed me homemade greek food and take my nightshade aversion into conscientious consideration. People here know who Tom Servo is, and are greatly amused to meet his cousin, Dick. Even better, they know who Poe is, and are pleased to meet him and buy our stuff.

Tonight I managed to instigate not one but two separate choruses of people singing the Tetris theme in the elevators.

So, yeah... I'm having a great time, and hope they invite us back. I might even go so far as to consent to fly in order to do so.

^-^'

Post-Convention Edit: Yeah, A-Kon was awesome, I totally want them to invite us back. The only thing I'd definitely want to change is the 2200 miles of driving round-trip, I think I would actually consent to fly in order to avoid doing that again (assuming I can't work out a way to do it by train or by driving straight through instead, God knows the first 400 miles of the drive home were spent speculating on the best way to avoid flying but bring even more people with us next time).

Also, I got to meet J. Grant and Mel Hynes of Two Lumps, and a host of their friends... that was one awesome after party, and I'm totally going to love them forever now.
Because scary little devil girls have to stick together.