Away for the duration...

Because it only took Viking-Sensei three years (and the approaching end of Errant Story) to come up with a better name for "General Discussions"
Talancir
Errant Scholar

Away for the duration...

Post by Talancir »

Just when I'd gotten my Pay Pal working again, too....

well, I'm deployed to iraq again.... when I was first deployed I was a happy little lurker, but this time, I figure this deserves some sort of notification.

The only major consequence of this is that I won;t be able to participate actively in the awesome Errant Story page discussions... and until I can figure out how to let Pay Pal know that I'm deployed without shutting down my account the moment I try to donate from overseas, I can't donate to the site either.

Is there anyone who can give some advice in this respect? or am I going to unintentionally screw the site out of some nice donation money?
Graybeard
The Heretical Admin

Re: Away for the duration...

Post by Graybeard »

We'll miss you, and under the circumstances, don't fret the donation -- we'll cover for you, least we can do.

Because old is wise, does good, and above all, kicks ass.
Neko7
Mage/Priest War Veteran

Post by Neko7 »

/me cross his finger for you.
zanntos
Errant Scholar

Post by zanntos »

Looking forward to you getting back in one piece, stay safe over there.
Viking-Sensei
Evil Admin Overlord
Twitter @: Kallisti_x

Post by Viking-Sensei »

You can still post to the forums and keep us updated, right?
How could a plan this awesome possibly fail?
Vavrek
Errant Scholar

Post by Vavrek »

Talancir wrote:The only major consequence of this is that I won;t be able to participate actively in the awesome Errant Story page discussions...
It appears not, Mr. Viking. It's a pity, too, whenever a forum has a regular go away for an extended period of time.

Well, Talancir, I wish you well. I hope you find all the chances you can to have time for yourself, to have fun and offset the rest of your situation. And we'll all be waiting for you when you get back.
Imp-Chan
Not Yet Dead
Twitter @: ImpChan

Post by Imp-Chan »

Good luck! Have as much fun as you can... it'd suck if you have to spend the next however long being miserable while away from our glorious speculative presence here on the boards. ^-^'

Erm... as a humble request, could you make sure that we're somehow on the notify list if anything happens? Like, that someone who would definitely be told knows how to drop in and let us know too or something? I'd feel moderately less worried about you if I know I'll be definitely told should anything go wrong, as opposed to sitting here in silence and wondering. That way the silence is just reassurance that you're still hale and healthy and such.

-_-'
Because scary little devil girls have to stick together.
Talancir
Errant Scholar

Post by Talancir »

Viking-Sensei wrote:You can still post to the forums and keep us updated, right?
yeah, actually... I'm sitting in my room in baghdad right now on my roommate's computer.

for the moment though, the computer I took with me decided to take a crap before we even left kuwait... the main heat sink went kaput so it overheats after half an hour or so. I'm sending it into the shop next month, and however long it takes to get back, I'll have it back, but I'm going to invest in a cheap piece of crap that I can use to at least surf the web and check my email.

I can still write, sure. and yes, if you so desire, I can compose a notification list with you on here, should the worst happen. I'm not expecting much since I'm, currently inside the Green Zone in iraq, but you never know...