The dumbest thing I've ever done

Because it only took Viking-Sensei three years (and the approaching end of Errant Story) to come up with a better name for "General Discussions"
Shteven
Forum Regular

Re: The dumbest thing I've ever done

Post by Shteven »

So I just read it, and yeah, I can relate to it. I haven't been in the exact situation, no, but kind of similiar(?). I could explain if there's interest. Anyways, about the only relationship advice I have ever given that was universally well received is "You cannot please a woman who does not know what she wants." Everything else I've ever said is probably misguided, naive, or worse. Took me just under 3 years of a long distance relationship to figure out the previous line, and to this day I'm still trying to be friends with her (not to much success).

Ghost, if you check back, you might want to do a find and replace on your posts, you listed her full (first) name in there at least twice I saw. Although I don't think there's much of a problem with using a full first name, if you didn't intend to you should probably fix it.

In my opinion (keep in mind I'm always wrong) S sounds like the kind of person (they can be male or female, but are more commonly female) that requires constant relationships. Someone who's just miserable being single. If every time a person breaks up they are in a new relationship in less than a month, this is them. I haven't heard of too many trying to be in 3 relationships at once though, so you may have a new record of some sort. Personally I like to try to space out relationships to "find myself" whatever that may mean. Of course, I do end up spending a lot of time single.../mutter
Imp-Chan
Not Yet Dead
Twitter @: ImpChan

Re: The dumbest thing I've ever done

Post by Imp-Chan »

Heh. I was once in a semi-long distance relationship with someone, the sort where you're trying to figure out if you're friends or if you want to be something more. I'd seen them only once or twice in person, and was talking to them online fairly often. Finally arranged to go for a visit, but when I got to the store where we were to meet I had trouble finding it, and had to find a parking space, too, so I drove around the block a couple times. Walked in late, hours after I'd originally estimated I'd arrive, and a guy was sitting at the back of the store who said, "So, you finally got here." It had been a couple of years since I'd seen him, so even though this guy looked completely different I assumed it was the person I was there to meet and demanded a big hug, then asked what they had done to their hair (which was very short, and had been quite long and a different color).

Once the (already confused by being hugged by a complete stranger) person understood my mistake, and let me in on it, I was rather humiliated.

#^-^#'

Edit: I won't say that's the dumbest thing I've ever done, but as a singular moment of relationship idiocy it's up there.
Because scary little devil girls have to stick together.