Anime that sucks but we love anyway

Because it only took Viking-Sensei three years (and the approaching end of Errant Story) to come up with a better name for "General Discussions"
zanntos
Errant Scholar

Anime that sucks but we love anyway

Post by zanntos »

Since we have a thread that theoretically contains the ANime we love and think is "good" i thought i should start one for Anime we KNOW is terrible but like anyway, perhaps because it's terrible.

I'll open with a couple of the one that is currently airing, They are my Noble Masters (Kimi ga Aruji de Shitsuji ga Ore de) which is easy enough to find on veoh or youtube if you look for it. I stand by my opinion that it's basically "Scary Movie" for Anime. It's cheap, it's actively making fun of itself, and yet it's funny.

Second up is Nagasarete Airantou, island full of women since all the men disappeared in a freak accident a decade ago and hapless male lead gets stranded there with no chance for escape. And as typical for a Harem Anime the protagonist remains wishy-washy and mostly uninterested despite having every female on the island literally throwing themselves at him. It's terrible, i KNOW it's terrible and yet i like this dumb series.

Anyone else care to share their guilt pleasures in Anime?
Sareth
RPG All-Star

Re: Anime that sucks but we love anyway

Post by Sareth »

The concept of perfectly traditional noble and honorable samurai engaging 20 story tall mecha in hand to hand combat and winning is so beyond the pale, the suspension of disbelief crashes down into a burning heap in the very first scene, And yet in spite of that, I go back and watch Samurai 7 over, and over, and over...
Viking-Sensei
Evil Admin Overlord
Twitter @: Kallisti_x

Post by Viking-Sensei »

I have a secret love of all things DragonBall related.

No, seriously, I've got like... 100 video tapes that I picked up (read: out of the trash) when I worked at a used book store way back when.

Also, as previously mentioned, I'll watch almost anything giant robot related, provided that those giant robots are not Gundams or Evas.
How could a plan this awesome possibly fail?
zanntos
Errant Scholar

Post by zanntos »

Thinking about it I need to put Black Lagoon Second Barrage (the second season) on there, The last arc with Revy-English is AWFUL, but i love that series anyway, (hence the avatar) and at least in theory it serves a point of emphasizing that Rock is multilingual and normally is working in english since that's what Revy, Dutch, and Benny speak.
Imp-Chan
Not Yet Dead
Twitter @: ImpChan

Post by Imp-Chan »

Battle Programmer Shirase.

^-^'
Because scary little devil girls have to stick together.
zanntos
Errant Scholar

Post by zanntos »

Imp-Chan wrote:Battle Programmer Shirase.

^-^'
LIES that show is plain awsome! ... ok maybe a little suck, but still awsome.
BloodHenge
Mage/Priest War Veteran

Post by BloodHenge »

Naruto
zanntos
Errant Scholar

Post by zanntos »

Dragon-Half

so very very bad, and yet it manages to pull some funny out of the badness.
zanntos
Errant Scholar

Post by zanntos »

Ok, it doesn't quiet fit since it's a game and not an Anime but i have to put Arcana Heart on here. Anime style 2D fighter with an all female cast, covering almost any cosplay angle you can think of. And yet it's a very enjoyable game. It's nice and fast which is the way i like my fighters, read combo oriented.
I definitely don't regret the 30$ is cost me to pick this game up, if for no other reason then being able to enjoy a decent new 2D fighter to relive the early teenage years, now to figure out how to balance my time between this and Smash Brothers.
davester65
Mage/Priest War Veteran

Post by davester65 »

Inuyasha is a silly show, but can still be entertaining. Same with Full Metal Alchemist.