Anime that sucks but we love anyway

Because it only took Viking-Sensei three years (and the approaching end of Errant Story) to come up with a better name for "General Discussions"
BloodHenge
Mage/Priest War Veteran

Re: Anime that sucks but we love anyway

Post by BloodHenge »

davester65 wrote:Inuyasha
Agreed.
Sareth
RPG All-Star

Post by Sareth »

Fullmetal Alchemist silly?

Are we watching the same show?
Neko7
Mage/Priest War Veteran

Post by Neko7 »

Sareth wrote:Fullmetal Alchemist silly?

Are we watching the same show?
Probably, just with a different perspective, that's all.
Sareth
RPG All-Star

Post by Sareth »

GENOCIDE!, rape, political intrigue, child abuse, vengeance, abuse of power, and obsession...

Load of laughs, that...

I admit FMA has some great laugh moments. But generally, I don't find it a particularly funny show.
Viking-Sensei
Evil Admin Overlord
Twitter @: Kallisti_x

Post by Viking-Sensei »

I've always had a soft spot in my heart for the three seasons of Transformers the Japanese made after our original series ran to an end... they were not so good, made bad to the point of ludicriously funny by the poor quality dub I got from Guam or someplace similar... but they actually had a whole season of headmasters and targetmasters, not those 3 really bad episodes we had which comprised our entire Season 4 (and were just an excuse to sell an entire year's worth of toys based off of a couple episodes).
How could a plan this awesome possibly fail?
Stick & String
Forum Regular

Post by Stick & String »

Gankutsuou: The Count of Monte Cristo. Just finished watching most of it, had trouble loading a couple episodes.
Another retalling of the classic from Dumass. An anime tale of the life of Edmund Dantes. Not bad, future setting, odd twists to the characters, different ending. Bad thing about it is the animation itself. They use wallpaper fill on clothing, making it very one dimensional, and the pattern is slowly moving, like a lava lamp. Seems like it is a cheap way to color, and it takes away from the physical definition. Not bad overall, good story (hell its a true classic!), but the art style cheapens it. If it had better ink work, it would likely be on one of the networks.
Imp-Chan
Not Yet Dead
Twitter @: ImpChan

Post by Imp-Chan »

I can't believe that no one has mentioned Lupin III.

We used to have "retro" nights at my old anime club, where every other week they only played stuff made before the late eighties... usually WELL before them. We also had several side-rooms that were always full of people playing video games or talking, but the ONE show that everyone returned to the anime room to watch was Lupin. This was in the days of vhs fansubs, btw, and that meant that we had the original opening theme. Every person in the room sang along, then cracked jokes through every episode.

Even Miyazaki loves Lupin III... or at least he did a couple of episodes and a movie for it.

^-^'
Because scary little devil girls have to stick together.
BloodHenge
Mage/Priest War Veteran

Post by BloodHenge »

What's wrong with Lupin III? The animation quality is a little low, but then, everybody's was back then.
Neko7
Mage/Priest War Veteran

Post by Neko7 »

Well... make the move from the manga to the anime and you will know... :mrgreen:
zanntos
Errant Scholar

Post by zanntos »

Monster Princess aka Princess Resurrection, bad Anime of bad monster movies what's not to love.