Voting 2008...

Because it only took Viking-Sensei three years (and the approaching end of Errant Story) to come up with a better name for "General Discussions"
Imp-Chan
Not Yet Dead
Twitter @: ImpChan

Re: Voting 2008...

Post by Imp-Chan »

And now, voting completed, we drink and wait for the results.

-_-'
Because scary little devil girls have to stick together.
Slamlander
Keeper of the Holy Algorithms
Location: Nyon, CH, near Geneve, on the shores of the Lac Leman. The heart of Suisse Romande.

Post by Slamlander »

Imp-Chan wrote:And now, voting completed, we drink and wait for the results.

-_-'
Yae you!

But then, I sent in my absentee ballot a while ago. ;)
Dazed
Forum Regular

Post by Dazed »

IT'S BEEN CALLED.

Obama will be the new president.

I breath a sigh of relief, inhale, and say FUCK YEAH
Rae
Forum Trainee

Post by Rae »

I just know I should not have been playing the drinking game of the night. Every time a reporter says the word "Historic", bottoms up!
Boss Out of Town
Team Captain

Post by Boss Out of Town »

Free at last, free at last . . . from stupidity and corruption, a little bit at least.

Never mess with a University of Chicago prof. They are always smarter than you are.
Immanio
Forum Regular

Post by Immanio »

Congratulations.
kaitou
Almighty Systems Admin
Twitter @: kaitou_

Post by kaitou »

The one thing I'll miss about McCain not getting elected is the imagery of Palin as VP: her main job would have been to "babysit" the Senate and I, for one, would have loved to see her give Teddy* a "Time Out."

* You may substitute your favorite senator here.
Boss Out of Town
Team Captain

Post by Boss Out of Town »

Amusing in concept, yes, but I worried that she would be dumb enough to actually try it.

An interesting political plot line to watch: Palin thinks she might be the future of the Republican party, and, amazingly enough, pundits who tend to 'ship Republicans have suggested the same. Two big problems with that . . .

a) Palin has been a contributing factor to the most humiliating defeat of a Republican ticket since Dewey in 1948 and Hoover in 1932. Whatever else she might represent to Republicans outside her base, she has the stink of failure about her.

b) Palin's primary concern over the next year or so is going to be staying in office and out of jail. She has been a charming governor for Alaska, but also an incompetent, petty, and corrupt governor.

c) Palin's low-brow antics on the stump have made career and professional Republicans very angry. If they feel betrayed by Bush's intellectual weakness and moral stupidity, why would they support someone even more clueless?

On the other hand, Alaskans are on the verge of sending a convicted criminal (7 felony counts) to represent them in the United States Senate, where he will be refused entrance by a chastened and disgusted body trying to clean up its act after years in the gutter. Anything might be possible.
zanntos
Errant Scholar

Post by zanntos »

Republican that voted Obama, he at least has well thought out ideas and acknowledges that the system is broken and needs work or more than just the immediate "economy" front. actual thought out education and energy reform ideas *gasp*.

Now to see how it pans out. /hope
Viking-Sensei
Evil Admin Overlord
Twitter @: Kallisti_x

Post by Viking-Sensei »

I voted for McCain in the 2000 primaries. I was fully behind McCain when he started his run in 2007. I donated to his campaign when he was in dire straights and was about to lose his bus. But in the end, I voted Obama.

He wasn't nearly the man he was 8 years ago... heck, even 6 years ago... and along the way traded in being an actual maverick for just calling himself a maverick. I think that the party as a whole did it's best to try and pull the campaign out of the flaming wreckage, but there was just no saving it. Palin was the death-knell... I know a number of Republicans that she sent running over to the Dark Dem side.

I still think, now more than ever, that McCain deliberately threw the entire race.
How could a plan this awesome possibly fail?