Delicious Sea Kittens...

Because it only took Viking-Sensei three years (and the approaching end of Errant Story) to come up with a better name for "General Discussions"
Kerostasis
Forum Trainee

Re: Delicious Sea Kittens...

Post by Kerostasis »

I love all kinds of Delicious Sea Kittens, but I have a soft spot for the invertebrate variety with 8 to 10 arms.

Also, even considering who made that site, the "Sea Kitten Bedtime Stories" seems a bit over the top. I mean, one of the Sea Kittens is plotting the murder of Land Kittens! :?
Tansy
New Poster

Post by Tansy »

Did.....did anyone read the "Sea Kitten Stories"

"But the conditions on the
Sea Kitten factory farm
where she lives are too
cramped even for Tara.
With no room to swim and
no chance for escape,
Tara looks forward to the end"

The sad thing is, this isn't the most disturbing thing peta's ever done....
zanntos
Errant Scholar

Post by zanntos »

Remember, Cooking Mama approves this message.
Michael Poe
The Almighty Poe

Post by Michael Poe »

zanntos wrote:Remember, Cooking Mama approves this message.
Wow, that was kinda awesome.

Hilary was just asking me how do you get the internal organs out of a turkey the other day.
Dazed
Forum Regular

Post by Dazed »

Grenades would work.

Or did you mean intact?
Sareth
RPG All-Star

Post by Sareth »

We slaughter our own chickens... er... sorry, feathered kitties. I'll have to ask the wife about cleaning one of them out. I'm sure the principle must be similar. They're both birds.
Imp-Chan
Not Yet Dead
Twitter @: ImpChan

Post by Imp-Chan »

Michael Poe wrote:
zanntos wrote:Remember, Cooking Mama approves this message.
Wow, that was kinda awesome.

Hilary was just asking me how do you get the internal organs out of a turkey the other day.
I wasn't being gruesome or anything. It's just that it occurred to me that I'd like to be prepared if I'm ever sent back in time and have to make my own dinner.

^-^'
Because scary little devil girls have to stick together.
davester65
Mage/Priest War Veteran

Post by davester65 »

Imp-Chan wrote: I wasn't being gruesome or anything. It's just that it occurred to me that I'd like to be prepared if I'm ever sent back in time and have to make my own dinner.

^-^'
Well, if it's a store bought turkey, just reach into the body cavity and pull out the plastic bag that says giblets on it. :) If it's a fresh killed turkey the process is much the same. It's just that the giblets won't be in a bag and you might have to pull harder. :lol:
"Of all tyrannies a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive." - C.S. Lewis
Boss Out of Town
Team Captain

Post by Boss Out of Town »

As with most creatures, you go in through the belly, like a raptor dining on a hapless red shirt. Some critters you have to cut, some you can open up with your fingers.

One relative of mine had a very efficient way of hunting grouse. Since the only part worth eating was the breast, he would tear the bird open with his fingers (after it was dead, of course) wrap his hand around the breast muscle/bone unit, snap it loose from the rib/spine and shoulders, and tuck it in a plastic bag. The rest of the bird got left for the foxes. Sharing with nature directly, so to speak.
History celebrates the battlefields whereon we meet our death, but scorns to speak of the plowed fields whereby we thrive; it knows the names of kings’ bastards but cannot tell us the origin of wheat. This is the way of human folly. --- Henry Fabre
EvilDM
New Poster

Post by EvilDM »

Back to sea kittens. I prefer mine out of a can mixed with cracker crumbs and feathered kitten eggs. Then fried like burgers.