Labrat... Soon to be in webcomic format.

Because it only took Viking-Sensei three years (and the approaching end of Errant Story) to come up with a better name for "General Discussions"
Labrat
Errant Scholar

Labrat... Soon to be in webcomic format.

Post by Labrat »

My eyes and soul have become so calloused and worn by endless installments of horror and glory that what once would have had me garroting myself with my own retinal cords now all but passes without notice. I read back over my old mainstays of perversion, Sexy Losers and Ghastly's Ghastly Webcomic to name two, and I think to myself 'how quaint'. How quaint! It is official: My soul is naught but a worn out and overstretched husk of what it once was, like the well used nether-orifices of a cheap hooker decades past her prime.

But surely some sensation can still be wrung from these insensate tissues. Some unearthly combination of image and context that will either have me cackling with glee, gaping in awe, or cursing my own eyes for the things of profane madness that they witness but can not hope to understand. Subtlety is not enough: I need my entertainment jackhammered into my skull hard enough for me to actually feel it.

So be it. If I can't get my daily fix from an outside source, I may just have to concoct my own damn brew of concentrated eye-stabbing wonder. The god of all crack-fics done in craptastic webcomic format, plagiarizing from every source from the invention of writing onward and then cranking everything up to eleven. Or at least that is the idea. Even if my little project ends up imploding in a brutal death-spasm brought on by my own inadequacies, at least it will be a welcome escape from the banal. Hell, I might actually be able to pull the damn thing off. Pazuzu knows I can't screw up worse than some of the bastards who have tried their hand at the art.

Currently I am somewhere juggling between the brainstorming phase (which is fun because, doing it solo, it looks an awful lot like a crazed man staring vacantly out into space while muttering strange things to himself) and working out the character art. Particularly fun as my wacom tablet mysteriously disappeared out of my apartment in what appears to be a lizard people related burglary. Damn lizard people. In any case, I'll scan in at least the pencil work in the next few weeks and take suggestions.

Edit: Now if only I could make princess Leia look less like John Travolta being eaten by snails...
Last edited by Labrat on February 6th, 2009, 4:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sareth wrote:I'm actually going to rule that this is definitely a case of coitus interuptus prematurus gawdammiticus.
Viking-Sensei
Evil Admin Overlord
Twitter @: Kallisti_x

Re: Labrat... Soon to be in webcomic format.

Post by Viking-Sensei »

I for one look forward to seeing what horrible things you come up with. If your pictures are anything akin to your words, you will doubtlessly create something both beautiful and horrible at the same time, capable of rending a person's soul with a mix of fear and awe.
How could a plan this awesome possibly fail?