Movie Review full of Epic Fail

Because it only took Viking-Sensei three years (and the approaching end of Errant Story) to come up with a better name for "General Discussions"
Viking-Sensei
Evil Admin Overlord
Twitter @: Kallisti_x

Movie Review full of Epic Fail

Post by Viking-Sensei »

I couldn't help but share this review of Coraline. Apparently, our film critic here neglected to realize... or research... or even just read the posters... and seems to be operating under the false assumption that this film was by Tim Burton. The internet's already got it's teeth into it, so I'd read it quick before they redact it.
How could a plan this awesome possibly fail?
Boss Out of Town
Team Captain

Re: Movie Review full of Epic Fail

Post by Boss Out of Town »

Hey, the guy loses his job as a movie critic, he could get work as a network political commentator. They pull howlers like this regularly. At least they have the minimal excuse that they are routinely called upon to discuss subjects they know little about, like history, economics, science, geography, military affairs, religion, politics outside the Beltway . . .
History celebrates the battlefields whereon we meet our death, but scorns to speak of the plowed fields whereby we thrive; it knows the names of kings’ bastards but cannot tell us the origin of wheat. This is the way of human folly. --- Henry Fabre
Graybeard
The Heretical Admin

Post by Graybeard »

Other than the silliness about Burton, what else is bogus with the review? I'm unfamiliar with the movie.

As I'm writing this, a radio station is playing in the background with an announcer who's just as clueless about names. Seems to be the trend of the times. (Any classical-music lovers out there who are familiar with the works of "Charles Durufle"? At least he got the last name right...)

Because old is wise, does good, and above all, kicks ass.
Labrat
Errant Scholar

Post by Labrat »

If its anything like the book, it can be considered 'Lovecraft for Kids', if you go by what I was told by a kid who got the damn thing for christmas. Or, more specifically, how to make little timmy wet the bed until he is thirty... which was probably Neil Gaiman's intention*. But who knows. Its quite possible the book received a lobotomy when it went to the big screen. It wouldn't be the first time such a thing has happened.

Doesn't change the fact that the reviewer is a douche.

*Hes not Jhonen Vasquez, but he has a couple of issues bouncing around in his skull waiting to gangrape your eyes when you least expect.
Sareth wrote:I'm actually going to rule that this is definitely a case of coitus interuptus prematurus gawdammiticus.