Getting to know you...

Because it only took Viking-Sensei three years (and the approaching end of Errant Story) to come up with a better name for "General Discussions"
Mojinr
Forum Trainee

Re: Getting to know you...

Post by Mojinr »

Yeah, I stumbled on to this site months ago but never got past reading the prologue until about two and half days ago. I got here through standard browsing. GFAQs forums mentions Rape The Dog => Googles and finds TV tropes => Discovers Errant Story quote => Visits site and discovers Dragon*Con => Goes to Dragon*Con => A month afterward returns to ES and actually reads the comic.
kaitou
Almighty Systems Admin
Twitter @: kaitou_

Post by kaitou »

As it should be rather obvious, I identify with Ellis. Having said that, you really don't want to know any more. (Well, other than, for now, I'm the sysadmin for this machine.)
davester65
Mage/Priest War Veteran

Post by davester65 »

This thread has been around for a bit and so I suppose I should consider talking about myself for a bit.
My name is David and I am a 42 yo who lives in southern New Hampshire. I work as an Emergency Medical Technician for a private ambulance service in NE Massachusetts (the pay for EMT's is higher in Mass than NH). I've had a life long interest in scifi, fantasy and history. :geek: I have a BA in Business Administration from North Park College in Chicago which I've never made any use of. As far as my appearance goes, if you give my Hagar The Horrible avatar a shave that's pretty close to what I look like. :) I found out about Errant Story from a friend who follows it. I had been lurking on the forums for a bit, when Poe started the thread about having the flu last winter is when I decided to join. He was on the road to recovery by the time I got registered so I never actually nagged him about trying to get to a doctor. I was genuinely worried for him because at about the same time I had an otherwise perfectly healthy patient who died from complications from the flu 1/2 hour after I dropped her off at the local ER because she waited too long to seek treatment. So, if any of you get the flu this winter, please get to a doctor or at least a walk-in clinic and get treatment. If you think doctors are expensive, try pricing funerals sometime.
EvilDM
New Poster

Post by EvilDM »

Well, lets give this a try. My name is Sean. My job is unimportant, both to me and as far as I can tell everyone else. EvilDM is because, until my life got very busy with my family (read wife and 2 year old son), I Dungeon Mastered my local D&D game for several years strait. I still try to get together with my gaming buddies as a mere player every other Saturday. For legal reasons ;) I am prohibited from telling anymore about myself on a public forum, so I'll leave it at that.
TaleraRis
New Poster

Post by TaleraRis »

Wow! So many interesting people!

Hi everyone! I'm Candace. I'm a newbie around here, and I'm desperately shy in real life, but quite the extrovert when I can hide behind a handle like this one. I'm 29 and an HP-UX system administrator / code monkey (COBOL) for a small oil analysis company smack in the middle of the Hoosier state. I'm working on a computer science & chemistry double major, hopefully leading to a master's and maybe even a doctorate in CS.

I love to read. I've been a bookworm since I taught myself to read when I was 2 by sounding out the stories I had memorized when my parents read to me. I can't remember a time that I didn't know what words said. My current obsession is the Dresden series, which my boyfriend loves and was trying to get me to read for ages. I made a devil's bargain with him that I would read the first two if he would read the first Twilight novel. So far, I've made good on my side and then some (on book 6) and he's not even finished. But he's a good sport to read a girlie book just to please me.

I like to game as well. I mostly play World of Warcraft, having become a refugee from the EverQuest franchise, with the occasional Zelda or Final Fantasy (and similar RPGs) thrown in as they come out. We have a 360, and the Lego game genre has given us hours of co-playing enjoyment.

Since everyone else did, I guess I can explain my name. It's kind of a sweet story. I used to roleplay on the EfNet server on IRC (Internet Relay Chat) in a Vampire:the Masquerade themed room called VampirePub. One night, I decided to try out a new girl, who I simply called Talera at the time. Someone I knew vaguely around the channel decided to try a new one of his own out, a man named Trevor Ristain, or TrevorRis for short. We were both about 16 at the time.

We came to know one another outside the Talera and Trevor personas, and came to care for one another, eventually uniting our characters as TrevorRis and TaleraRis the way we were together out of character. Being silly kids, we tried out other relationships for a while. I was a bit dubious to think I'd met the love of my life in my sophomore year of high school. But about 8 years ago, my boyfriend Adam and I got together for good and now we have a house and 6 rambunctious kitties. We still identify with the characters who led to us finding one another. I know, sappy, right?
Sareth
RPG All-Star

Post by Sareth »

Sappy, but in a good way. Welcome to the forums!

If you're into RP, check out the Errant Road forum!

[Blatant Plug Mode: Off]