Getting to know you...

Because it only took Viking-Sensei three years (and the approaching end of Errant Story) to come up with a better name for "General Discussions"
Nightshard
On Probation

Re: Getting to know you...

Post by Nightshard »

Well, why not.

I am usually called Den and is happy with that, it goes back not to my first alias which was Night back in the good old days. But Den originates from my first charecter which I've made by the name Denelian(Changed to Dea'Lia now) and Den for short. I have been called the Swordmaster Den for the past ten years, mostly because when I really mean it I can make some real cool looking swords in whatever material is at hands. I don't know if I still can do that, but I like the title. The second reason for that nick was that I used to fight and practice with swords. I haven't been able to do that sinced I moved because I really have no place to do soo and new equitment cost the shirt of me. I even made a real sword a while back, not the prettiest I've seen but it got sentimental value.

I have always had a mind about stories and imagry and won my first price at age 6, just before some things made it impossible for me to draw until I was 18. It really bugged me of, but soo are things. I have always been able to build, draw, sculpt and write. I call it a taltent, but because I never have really had much money I haven't been able to so much which that talent of mine. I have been called erratic and dominating with hints of intimidation and thats the way I want to be, but that usually disappears when I get to know people and besides the obvious downside of first encounter I am basically a good(But I want to be evil D;) and social guy with if not a helping hand, the whip of encouraging. Just don't go near me with any religous mambo jambo, I like to read and talk about it but I am not banned from 80% of the religious events and places for nothing in the surrounding area.

I might post more later, but this is enough at the moment.
Pillaroforder
Heretical Monk

Post by Pillaroforder »

Who am I?

I AM THE LAW!

Seriously, I just passed my bar exam yesterday and I can represent you in a court of law if you happen to end up in my neck of the woods (Slovenija - and I do mean literally woods). Otherwise I need to grow up and get a(/my) life (back that studying for this monster stole from me).
Imp-Chan
Not Yet Dead
Twitter @: ImpChan

Post by Imp-Chan »

Congratulations!

Why did you choose to read law?

^-^'
Because scary little devil girls have to stick together.
Pillaroforder
Heretical Monk

Post by Pillaroforder »

My personal compass is set somewhere between Lawful neutral and Lawful good (more to the neutral side) and I like knowing the rules (better to use-them-for-my-own-purposes). But truth to tell, lately I often asked myself why. Still, I don't have any major issues with my choice - yet. Just exam anxiety I suppose.
DT777
Forum Regular

Post by DT777 »

Pillaroforder wrote:Who am I?

I AM THE LAW!

Seriously, I just passed my bar exam yesterday and I can represent you in a court of law if you happen to end up in my neck of the woods (Slovenija - and I do mean literally woods). Otherwise I need to grow up and get a(/my) life (back that studying for this monster stole from me).

Gratz on that. I've heard that bar exams can be pretty tough. Course I'm no where near Slovenija so I wouldn't really know about bar exams over there.
Initial B
Mage/Priest War Veteran

Post by Initial B »

Better late than never...

I most identify with Jon, probably because of his cynical wit and age.

I'm also a mechanical engineer who used to work with Nuclear Reactors, but now works with sewage. Married with partner and 3 kids under the age of 7. My gaming tends to run towards the S-F minis variety rather than RPGs.

I'm loving this ride so far.
DarkIntruder
Mage/Priest War Veteran

Post by DarkIntruder »

Well, I guess I'd better chime in here too, as I've been around enough. I kinda feel like the unknown guest who wandered in and never left.

My name is Corey Sullivan, or O'Sullivan if you prefer. I live in Southern Ontario (It's Canada, eh!), I'm 19 years old, going on 20. At the moment, I work at a printing and publishing company, and have unmonitored computer use for most of the day, which is why I'm online most of the time.

I'm actually heading to University (Hopefully, cross those fingers people, they'll accept me.) for a Major in History, emphasis on Medieval studies. I'm unattached, unaffiliated with any religion, and a cynical bastard to boot.(Which may explain the other two things.) Um, yeah. Oh, I'm presently studying medieval swordsmanship, so if anyone has any questions in anything regarding that, feel free to ask. I'm also attempting to learn guitar, (it's not going well) and listen to many different kinds of music, mostly independent. Love Sci-Fi, Fantasy, yadda yadda, you know the story. So... I'm a total geek. But at least I'm in good company.

Actually got into Errant Story through Chris Cracknell AKA Uncle Ghastly's Gahstly Comic, back when he did a guest strip for Errant Story.

Edit: This one- http://www.errantstory.com/comic.php?date=2005-11-27

-Cheers!
Last edited by DarkIntruder on December 7th, 2007, 11:35 am, edited 3 times in total.
Viking-Sensei
Evil Admin Overlord
Twitter @: Kallisti_x

Post by Viking-Sensei »

Alright, alright, I'll spill too.

For those of you not overly familiar with me, my name's Jim, recently promoted from just being "The Viking" to being "The Viking-Sensei" after finally completing my Viking Correspondence Course and getting my "Somebody Else's" Belt. My official vocation is that of technical support for digital cinema. I'm 28, married, and have 3 cats (Loki, Kali, Cleo).

I lurfes my Nintendo Wii and DS. I have a PS2 and an Xbox, and am working my way up to a Xbox 360. My computer sucks, so I don't do any PC games... also, I'm officially banned from WoW due to the fact that I rarely have enough time in the real world to do all the stuff I have to do, let alone also doing all that crap online. Arcade-style Puzzle games are my ultimate weakness, however I can do a good RPG if it doesn't have too many cut-scenes... I've grown cynical over the years, and have a great deal of difficulty sympathizing with guys with fantastic hair, giant swords, and magic powers when they're bitching about how crappy their lives are.

I run the wildly unknown vikingspace.com, a website more-or-less dedicated to my lack of attention span. In my spare time, I'm also a (still not quite published) science fiction author under the pen name of Erik J. Anson... I've written 1.5 books out of my great Science Fiction/Comedy trilogy... unfortunately, do to a slight oversight on my behalf, I wrote the end part first, and am now in the process of going back and writing a book 1 and 2 to go with my fairly well-written book 3.

I've also developed a semi-collectable card game called Bakachibimon, a hybrid mix of Yugioh, Pokemon, and Munchkin... I plan on having a rule set and a couple playable decks ready by Otakon and Dragon*Con 2008, so if anyone is going to be in town for that and wants to test it out first hand, I'll be signing up suckers test subjects brave souls victims volunteers as we get closer to the con.

I also have been known, upon occasion, to like Giant Robots.
How could a plan this awesome possibly fail?
Graybeard
The Heretical Admin

Post by Graybeard »

My turn, I guess.

I'm Bill Johnson, professional handle M. W. Johnson, Ph.D., in Los Alamos, New Mexico -- yes, that Los Alamos. I'm 54, married (for 25 years this July, and I recommend marriage highly) with two sons in college, both avid ES readers. My professional gig is nuclear arms control and counterterrorism, and if I tell you more than that, I'll have to kill you. (Actually, not any more; I recently went from being a grunt to a manager, and I no longer do anything useful/scary, just take care of bureaucracy and help people, or try.) When not working or hanging around here I work on a few other wikis and play chess while on-line, and make (classical and church) music, hike and Nordic ski, and play tennis and bridge when the real world beckons.

I'm pretty well completely disinterested in the anime/manga scene, have never been to a con in my life, don't do any on-line gaming except chess (where I'm good enough to hold my own against internationally-titled players), and while formerly a rabid RPG partisan, haven't played those for years either. So what am I doing here? Well, Errant Story is fascinating. The characters' personalities are more complex and compelling than in any other webcomic I know of. In particular, Sarine is one of the most interesting characters I've run into in any genre of fiction, perhaps because I have experienced first-hand some of the real-world equivalents of what she faces (never killed anybody, though...) and share both her deep-seated need to do what's right and her nagging uncertainty that she is doing what's right.

That enough? One other small tidbit: I do have a gray beard.

Because old is wise, does good, and above all, kicks ass.
Weirdonian
Team Captain

Post by Weirdonian »

Hello all!

I'm the Weirdonian here on the tubes, but my name-actual is Russell Hannula. I'm 27 years old and hail from the little town of Hubbardston, Massachusetts, where I live on my family farm with my Mom; I'm the fourth generation to live here and I hope to not be the last. So, I essentially live in The Shire, but I honestly wouldn't have it any other way. My farm is an old blueberry farm that I'm working towards restoring. It's a very overwhelming project, but with the help of some good friends and family I think it will eventually work out. I'm also a versatile artist, much like my late father was. I can paint, draw, sculpt, write and have become pretty good with computer graphics and photography as well.

Aside from being a good-ol' country boy, I'm also a big Scifi/Fantasy geek, a fact that the walls of posters, collectables and action figures that populate my computer room can attest. I first met Jim years ago on the old Scifi.com BBoards through the Multiverse FFRPG and we've been collaborating on projects ever since. I've also spent roughly the past twenty years building a sci-fi Universe in my head. I've been working towards writing books about that Weirdonian Universe, but being the perfectionist that I am it's taking a while. However, I have a project brewing that may be ready to unleash upon the net soon.

I first became aware of Errant Story's existance about 18 months ago when Jim mentioned it to me and I've been reading it ever since. I can't say I have a favorite character, I like them all. Poe's work, both the written word and the visual art itself I find quite inspiring! I don't post a lot on the forums, I'm more of a lurker.