Getting to know you...

Because it only took Viking-Sensei three years (and the approaching end of Errant Story) to come up with a better name for "General Discussions"
zanntos
Errant Scholar

Re: Getting to know you...

Post by zanntos »

You guys aren't the only ones in the over 21 and don't care to drink, haven't even bothered touch the stuff, i'd rather blow my cash on some other form of geekery than on booze, why drink perfectly good Video game and Manga/Anime money.
DarkIntruder
Mage/Priest War Veteran

Post by DarkIntruder »

Hah, that's funny. I don't drink either. Not much, anyways. Not since some rather unpleasant experiences involving alcohol. I basically figured, hey, I don't need this stuff to feel good, and I don't have to deal with the crippling after effects either!

I do feel like the odd man out sometimes though...
Stick & String
Forum Regular

Post by Stick & String »

Imp-Chan wrote:Stick and String, have you ever read The River Why? If not, you should. I bet you'd love it.

Which brings to mind how we desperately need a book recommendations thread, too.

^-^'

HeHe.
Actually, I enjoy fishing, and I enjoy listening to the stories some of the old guys (none of the 1000 dollar fly rod crowd either) tell at some of the venues I get to, but I have to say that sitting about and reading a book as such is just not my bag. I have yet to find one that is not deadly dull, worse than Toilken's The Silmarillion. matter of fact, I have in store for the drugged up downtime from surgery: Tolkiens diaries, unfinished tales and such. Good time for them as the pain killers should help me keep the head level when I get into the Silmarillian-like parts.
Imp-Chan
Not Yet Dead
Twitter @: ImpChan

Post by Imp-Chan »

I do not enjoy fishing, finding the idea of sitting about waiting to catch something I then wouldn't eat a deadly dull notion, but I can assure you that THIS book is not deadly dull. It's as much about philosophy and the mixing of two wildly oppositional cultures as anything else, and it's sparked some lively discussions in my family. Dad used to read a chapter or so aloud after dinner, and those were evenings that typically ended in riotous giggling.

Anyways, give the book a shot. It is not at all what one might expect.

^-^'
Because scary little devil girls have to stick together.
Stick & String
Forum Regular

Post by Stick & String »

Well, it sounds like I have been challenged. :lol:

I will see what happens after the cut job. I only have 5 days left till then, and more stuff than I can get done in that time. OOF, its time to go and haul hay, manure, and feed (although not in that order...).
Cigar
New Poster

Post by Cigar »

Stick & String wrote:
Cigar wrote:I wasn't sure if this would be an appropriate place to put this or not, but here goes!

My name is Ethan. I live in Montana.

Well howdy neighbor!

Where abouts in Montanta?
South of that border myself, but in Mt alot, even pulled a degree out of MSU.
I live next to four, rather large, PP&L smoke stacks; powering most of Montana with the power of coal! Whoo!

Semi-famous cowboy-poet Wally McRae lives on a ranch nearby! :)
zanntos wrote:You guys aren't the only ones in the over 21 and don't care to drink, haven't even bothered touch the stuff, i'd rather blow my cash on some other form of geekery than on booze, why drink perfectly good Video game and Manga/Anime money.
Now, see, I just play music a lot of the time, so I'm usually not out buying much more, so some friends and I will get together and jam, and then get trashed. (And then usually jam some more). Blues jams always seem to sound better drunk. :lol:
Imp-Chan wrote: Also, wow... I haven't read Jack in years, I ought to go find it again.

^-^'
Well, Jack has been slow lately; ever since Dave started Frigid McThunderbones, I've been asking myself "WTF?" rather often. :?

On a side note, I'll be more active here in a week or so; I'm recording a lot of songs, and the quality of them is really pissing me off! :x I dropped (i.e. broke) my recording mic, so I've had to use a singing mic on my amp.
Stick & String
Forum Regular

Post by Stick & String »

Cigar wrote:
Stick & String wrote:
Cigar wrote:I wasn't sure if this would be an appropriate place to put this or not, but here goes!

My name is Ethan. I live in Montana.

Well howdy neighbor!

Where abouts in Montanta?
South of that border myself, but in Mt alot, even pulled a degree out of MSU.
I live next to four, rather large, PP&L smoke stacks; powering most of Montana with the power of coal! Whoo!

Semi-famous cowboy-poet Wally McRae lives on a ranch nearby! :)
zanntos wrote:You guys aren't the only ones in the over 21 and don't care to drink, haven't even bothered touch the stuff, i'd rather blow my cash on some other form of geekery than on booze, why drink perfectly good Video game and Manga/Anime money.
Now, see, I just play music a lot of the time, so I'm usually not out buying much more, so some friends and I will get together and jam, and then get trashed. (And then usually jam some more). Blues jams always seem to sound better drunk. :lol:
Imp-Chan wrote: Also, wow... I haven't read Jack in years, I ought to go find it again.

^-^'
Well, Jack has been slow lately; ever since Dave started Frigid McThunderbones, I've been asking myself "WTF?" rather often. :?

On a side note, I'll be more active here in a week or so; I'm recording a lot of songs, and the quality of them is really pissing me off! :x I dropped (i.e. broke) my recording mic, so I've had to use a singing mic on my amp.

Hehe, Wally is well known down here at the BBHC in Cody.
So, Forsyth it is! Have not been by in a couple of years, but curious how the land reclaimation south of town turned out?

Yep. Jack seems very different at the moment, McThunderbones is an odd arc indeed.

Well, I am off for a bit. Getting the ends of several bones sawed off and over 2 pounds of metal and synthetics installed back in so I can walk like a human again. Drugs, pain killers, physical therapy and so on shall have me bummed out for a few days.

Have fun all.
TTFN and all that.
Cigar
New Poster

Post by Cigar »

Stick & String wrote:
Cigar wrote:
Stick & String wrote: Hehe, Wally is well known down here at the BBHC in Cody.
So, Forsyth it is! Have not been by in a couple of years, but curious how the land reclaimation south of town turned out?

Yep. Jack seems very different at the moment, McThunderbones is an odd arc indeed.

Well, I am off for a bit. Getting the ends of several bones sawed off and over 2 pounds of metal and synthetics installed back in so I can walk like a human again. Drugs, pain killers, physical therapy and so on shall have me bummed out for a few days.

Have fun all.
TTFN and all that.
Ah! You were close with Forsyth! Actually, I'm a few miles to the south, in the lowly town of Colstrip. 8-)

Sorry, but I wouldn't be able to tell you; Colstrip doesn't have a movie theater, so the only reason I'm ever in Forsyth is because I have to go to the movies with whatever date I have that weekend.

Its awesome to meet someone who actually knows a town in Montana that isn't Billings or Helena. :lol: Small world, eh?

Ouch, I would say have fun, but I don't think that would brighten the situation in the least bit. :( My friend's mom/grandmom has inflammatory rheumatism, so she's been on pain killers the whole time I've known her. (A decade and a half or so). She's gotten a lot of work on her joints and bones, plus weight reduction to take some stress off of her legs, and its no fun at all; I can only wish you a swift recovery. :)
Stick & String
Forum Regular

Post by Stick & String »

An aptly named town Colstrip. Hardly a square foot that has not been stipped at some point over the last 100 years. I figured Forsyth, as that is the only town mentioned on regards to Wally when he is here for the cowboy songs, range ballads and cowboy poetry and other events at the ol' Buffalo Bill Historical Center.
Small town though. My cousin could not take it and bailed and stopped at Forsyth. They have the advantage of I-94 though.
Funny you should mention Billings though, as its my main shopping center. Casper is the next closest (as is Bozeman), but both are a good 4 hour trip. I hate Helena, having to go there for Fort Harisson, the VA facility. No fun that, ever! I was planning a hunting trip to the high line area this year north east of Malta, but the knee has cancelled that. The next year I suppose. Still going scouting in the breaks with my cousin though. Going to spend most of my spare time in the next year in and around Red Lodge (got a few acres and the cabin is almost done) and Cooke City. Cant get enough of the high altitudes.
Joe Milino
Forum Trainee

Post by Joe Milino »

Ok then, here goes. . .

My name is Russell, I am a twenty year-old male who is currently a resident of Lakewood, Colorado. Normal stuff on the profession horizon; I have a job driving trucks out to pick up crap that nobody wants except for the people who buy it in thrift stores. Currently saving up and gearing up for some sort of higher education, ya know. I do like the job I have right now though, time seems to move very quickly while trucking :).

Always been a fan of RPG's action games, fighting games, anime, manga, comics, art, music, creativity in general. If someone puts their heart into something, it usually tends to pique my curiosity at least a bit. I tend to be quite open-minded and idealistic at times, basically just a very animated person. Have been reading Errant Story and EN for quite a bit, even reading forum posts, I just never joined up on the forum. Dunno why, really. . .

I could say that Sara is one of my favorite characters, just the whole conflict of self-interest and emotions clashing in a killing machine, it's so cliche yet original. I really like the way Poe's put her together, and keeps her enigmatic throughout the story. Boy, I could write more, but it's 4:23, and I would go on forever. I guess I'm just another geek on here, glad to be a geek here :p Looking forward to reading and posting more, glad to meetcha all!