Getting to know you...

Because it only took Viking-Sensei three years (and the approaching end of Errant Story) to come up with a better name for "General Discussions"
Imp-Chan
Not Yet Dead
Twitter @: ImpChan

Getting to know you...

Post by Imp-Chan »

So... for those who feel they want the other users to have a sense of them as a person by more than just the content of their posts... post here.

Wait... that didn't make sense. Lemme try again. This is the thread for posting a little personal introduction of yourself. You don't have to, it's just for if you have stuff about yourself that you want the other posters here to know, that maybe isn't covered in the profile. In other words... it's like an icebreaker thread.

^-^'
Because scary little devil girls have to stick together.
Graybeard
The Heretical Admin

Re: Getting to know you...

Post by Graybeard »

Might I propose a ... drum roll ... poll to get this started, Impy? The proposed question is:
Which ES character do you feel that you identify most strongly with?
A) Ian
B) Jon
C) Meji
D) Sara
E) Sarine
F) Ellis
G) other
I'd set this up myself, but I'm not sure how to do polls in this version of the software. Could you? (Or do you think this isn't a good idea?)
Shteven
Forum Regular

Post by Shteven »

Not a bad idea, although looking over the male characters, not too many choices. I don't know ellis' gender, so I suppose particularly sarcastic guys could choose him, but that's a bit of a stretch.

I'd hope, with recent comic events, no one's picking Ian (Please stay far away from me if so).

Jon's a pretty reasonable guy, at least if you discount his profession. If you had to pick, you'd probably get a lot of serial killer introductions on this thread ;)
Ghost in the Shell
Jordan's Lab Assistant

Post by Ghost in the Shell »

I'd suggest to just not look at the gender of the characters. So if any male in here is over 3000 years old (Viking maybe?) they can pick Sarine without any second thought.
Other than the age I was thinking whether I kinda fit a bit to Sarine, but sadly I do not only lack the boobies, but also that brave "I can screw who the fuck I want, cause nobody can resist me and if I feel like it I dump (and mind-wipe) them afterwards anyways" attitude.
So I guess I just have to go for Ellis (I'm pretty sure he's a male...):
Though not always that quick with a comment (hey, Poe has plenty of time to work out every sentence the characters say...) I can be pretty sarcastic. Plus I am really a pervert who's only real chances to get laid come in form of a questionable liason with Rape-kun or some other ugly tentacle freak (which, again, would be the problem if I just had boobies...). Only difference is that I'd actually pay for watching Jon and Sarine get it on and not being disgusted by it, but that may just be a species thing.
Graybeard
The Heretical Admin

Post by Graybeard »

Incidentally, my own vote is for Sarine, although I am male and considerably less than 3000 years old.
Viking-Sensei
Evil Admin Overlord
Twitter @: Kallisti_x

Post by Viking-Sensei »

Ghost in the Shell wrote:I'd suggest to just not look at the gender of the characters. So if any male in here is over 3000 years old (Viking maybe?) they can pick Sarine without any second thought.
I'm not over 3000 years old... though I do feel it some days... I'm barely in my early 1000s. It's just, on the internet, I feel like a cranky old man more often than not... especially when dealing with ignorant, illiterate, obnoxious raver kids. Thus the occasionally displayed "You kids, get offa my lawn!" personal.

And, for the record, I'm an Ellis... although, that's more due to my ability to survive incredibly bad things happening to me relatively unscathed. Impy even calls me Ellis upon occasion, usually when refering to one of my numerous disasterous outings.
How could a plan this awesome possibly fail?
Neko7
Mage/Priest War Veteran

Post by Neko7 »

Graybeard wrote:Might I propose a ... drum roll ... poll to get this started, Impy? The proposed question is:
Which ES character do you feel that you identify most strongly with?
A) Ian
B) Jon
C) Meji
D) Sara
E) Sarine
F) Ellis
G) other
I'd set this up myself, but I'm not sure how to do polls in this version of the software. Could you? (Or do you think this isn't a good idea?)

I'm not sure... Propably most likely Ellis or Other...
Graybeard
The Heretical Admin

Post by Graybeard »

Neko7 wrote: I'm not sure... Propably most likely Ellis or Other...
Which "other"? Anita? Paul? Professor Yukiri? Bani? Or even (shudder) Jeramel :shock: ? Details!
pillar_of_hate
Forum Regular

Post by pillar_of_hate »

Rape-kun.

No-one's unlocked my adult mode, either. :cry:
Imp-Chan
Not Yet Dead
Twitter @: ImpChan

Post by Imp-Chan »

Example:

Hi folks!

I'm Impy (Hilary). I'm 23, have been running Caffeine Angel Studios since 2005, and hail from Cincinnati, OH. Poe and I got married in 2006, and we have three kitties. I'm not actually a redhead, but I am short, and I have bipolar disorder, along with a host of other issues that seem to have tagged along for a ride on the crazy train. This results in occasionally erratic behavior and decision-making, which I do my best to curb for the sake of keeping things running right. Oh, and I really do own several giant mallets, and really did once build a tank in my living room.

My favorite character is Jon, but the character I relate to best is probably Meji. Not so much with the take over the world thing, but just because I remember being that young and naive and ostracized, and often still feel that way myself.

^-^'
Because scary little devil girls have to stick together.