New England Webcomics Weekend

Because it only took Viking-Sensei three years (and the approaching end of Errant Story) to come up with a better name for "General Discussions"
Michael Poe
The Almighty Poe

New England Webcomics Weekend

Post by Michael Poe »

Was great. Impy says to post about it here.
kaitou
Almighty Systems Admin
Twitter @: kaitou_

Re: New England Webcomics Weekend

Post by kaitou »

Well, I guess you did.

Actually, it was quite fun. Oddly, the only people I wanted to meet that were on the guest or attending cartoonist lists were Poe and Impy (I figured it would be nice for them to meet the guy who's doing evil things to their system).

I got lucky and ran across two I wanted to meet who weren't on either list: Randall Monroe (xkcd) and Karl Kerschl (The Abominable Charles Christopher). The found out about Karl attending via his Twitter and managed to snag a drawing from him. They dragged Randall into one of the panels (and still didn't list him on the guest list).

I handed out cookies (see recipes in the recipe thread) and business cards for my pathetic comic (I think I handed out more cards at the pub crawl Friday than I did either Saturday or Sunday :? ). Met lots of people whose names I've already forgotten.
Lyss
One Post Wonder

Post by Lyss »

I was so happy to meet you guys! I was the girl that went crazy after hearing you do Errant Story while standing around in the Toasted Owl Friday night. It brightened my weekend to run into you two, and you also gave me the best dang drawing from any Con I've ever been to. I'm seriously not just saying that....no one's given me a full-page drawing before! Again, thank you, and I hope you and Impy avoided any sicknesses going around. (I also saw you drawing part of the webcomic during a panel. hehehe)
Weirdonian
Team Captain

Post by Weirdonian »

I was going to go, especially since it was relatively nearby, but registration had closed by the time I decided that I definitely could go. I suppose I could've joined the pub crawl or whatever, but it was a bit far of a drive for me to justify just pub-crawling alone. I am glad that I'm now aware of New England Webcomics Weekend, so I could probably go next year, it does sound like fun. I might even have my own webcomic up and running by then.