Pimping a particularly talented friend...

Because it only took Viking-Sensei three years (and the approaching end of Errant Story) to come up with a better name for "General Discussions"
Imp-Chan
Not Yet Dead
Twitter @: ImpChan

Pimping a particularly talented friend...

Post by Imp-Chan »

So, one of the people that I have befriended on the internet, Cathy, is a talented historical garment genius. I've been avidly watching her slowly bring works of sartorial splendor to life for years now, and well... every time she talks about a new project, I get a little giddy at how incredibly detailed and gorgeous her work is. I'm past the days when I trust myself to start new sewing projects that can't be completed easily in a day or two, but looking at her stuff just makes me yearn to start something complicated and to really take the time to do it RIGHT.

Well, as it turns out my friend is also the founder of an online magazine that offers classes in how to do exactly that. This thing is an incredible resource. Not only are there master classes and articles, interviews, photos, and links, there's also a way to sign up for GROUP PROJECTS so that you stand a prayer of accomplishing this kind of beauty yourself, and a forum and help line to bail you out if you get a little lost. Okay, so maybe that last part is only my kind of thing, 'cause I get lost a lot, but still. It's an awesome magazine and if you even dream of someday making your own historical garments or costume, you should absolutely sign up. It's the closest you're ever likely to get to a modern day apprenticeship with a master, and you don't even have to leave your home to get it. You do, however, have to pay a subscription fee. For more details, click the link below.

^-^'

Fair Notice: If you sign up through my link and stay signed up for more than two months, I do get a one-time payment from the magazine because I'm part of the affiliate program.
Because scary little devil girls have to stick together.