The 'Amazon Comic Strip Superstar' contest

Because it only took Viking-Sensei three years (and the approaching end of Errant Story) to come up with a better name for "General Discussions"
Bekul
Forum Regular

The 'Amazon Comic Strip Superstar' contest

Post by Bekul »

Hey all, I thought it'd be worth mentioning here - a really good friend of mine has had a comic in the Amazon 'Comic Strip Superstar' contest, which basically took 5000 entries of potential comics for syndication from the public, narrowed them down to 50 to be reviewed by professionals, and then to a final 10 for public voting, and she's made the top ten.

The voting page is here - the comic 'Girl' is the one my friend made - she spent a lot of time on it, and it'd be kind of a big deal if it got picked up for syndication, she's been making comics for over ten years now, but mostly webcomics, and book and merch sales from that, while actually pretty good from her comic which was popular when it was running, just wouldn't compare for a syndication deal.

Anyway, please do look at the other comics there, and I suppose you have to have an Amazon account to vote, but - if you could give the comic 'Girl' a look, and a vote if you like it, it'd be appreciated. guts
Anyway! Here:

"Girl: She's a kid who's awkward at school, awkward at home, and comfortable in the forest, where her friends all live. She has a name, but her forest-dwelling friends all just call her "Girl."

Tame compared to Errant Story, but I don't think Poe's going for the newspaper crowd! Though, Errant Story in the comics section of the newspaper would be /awesome/.

Voting ends tonight!

More obvious link: http://www.amazon.com/books-used-books- ... 2128878011
Neko7
Mage/Priest War Veteran

Re: The 'Amazon Comic Strip Superstar' contest

Post by Neko7 »

Bekul wrote:Hey all, I thought it'd be worth mentioning here - a really good friend of mine has had a comic in the Amazon 'Comic Strip Superstar' contest, which basically took 5000 entries of potential comics for syndication from the public, narrowed them down to 50 to be reviewed by professionals, and then to a final 10 for public voting, and she's made the top ten.

The voting page is here - the comic 'Girl' is the one my friend made - she spent a lot of time on it, and it'd be kind of a big deal if it got picked up for syndication, she's been making comics for over ten years now, but mostly webcomics, and book and merch sales from that, while actually pretty good from her comic which was popular when it was running, just wouldn't compare for a syndication deal.

Anyway, please do look at the other comics there, and I suppose you have to have an Amazon account to vote, but - if you could give the comic 'Girl' a look, and a vote if you like it, it'd be appreciated. guts
Anyway! Here:

"Girl: She's a kid who's awkward at school, awkward at home, and comfortable in the forest, where her friends all live. She has a name, but her forest-dwelling friends all just call her "Girl."

Tame compared to Errant Story, but I don't think Poe's going for the newspaper crowd! Though, Errant Story in the comics section of the newspaper would be /awesome/.

Voting ends tonight!

More obvious link: http://www.amazon.com/books-used-books- ... 2128878011
Wrong forum, try to move your post over there: http://forums.sellingoutforfunandprofit ... 511d18cb7c
Graybeard
The Heretical Admin

Re: The 'Amazon Comic Strip Superstar' contest

Post by Graybeard »

Neko7 wrote: Wrong forum, try to move your post over there: http://forums.sellingoutforfunandprofit ... 511d18cb7c
Moved. It isn't clear from context whether "Girl" or any of the other contestants are webcomics, but where else to put it? Maybe we can get some discussions going again here.

Because old is wise, does good, and above all, kicks ass.