Errant High School Sara and Bani

This board is image enabled, so here's the place to share your purdy pictures. Art, pictures, and the revived 'That Color Thread' all live here.
Alessa
Forum Regular

Errant High School Sara and Bani

Post by Alessa »

I <3 Sara and Bani! Decided to draw them in high school uniforms just for fun. :) I'm sorry about the moire, I accidentally toned it at print size and resizing screentone never goes very well :(

Hope you enjoy it.

Sara and Bani on the roof
Jack Rothwell
Teller of Tales

Re: Errant High School Sara and Bani

Post by Jack Rothwell »

Pretty good, the proportions for the bodies are a little off but you captured the character in their eyes and expressions. It's always good to see people with some artistic flair on the site, solid work.
Graybeard
The Heretical Admin

Post by Graybeard »

Thanks for posting this; we need more of these bits of fanart. Plus, you seem good at it!

One small suggestion if you do more on these two, or just on Bani. You might darken her skin tone just a bit more. She's half Farrelian, and the one picture we have seen of her late mother suggests she was quite dark-skinned. Bani's own skin tone has been presented somewhat unevenly, but the more recent versions, including some color work in monthly gift art, etc., imply that she too has darker skin than the majority of the characters.

Because old is wise, does good, and above all, kicks ass.
Alessa
Forum Regular

Post by Alessa »

Thanks! I'm glad it is appreciated :)

Jack -- I am ever a student of anatomy, I try to get a little better with each drawing, but if I try too hard on one individual picture I end up getting burned out, sorry!

Graybeard -- thanks regarding Bani's skin tone, I was mostly going off of the Sara and Bani "filler" which didn't give Bani's skin a shade, I knew it was actually darker than that, but I didn't know how much darker, thanks! (You don't have a link to that Bani art do you? My site searching skills failed me, which is one reason I drew them in out-of-world clothes, I couldn't find a good full body shot of her in-universe outift.)
Graybeard
The Heretical Admin

Post by Graybeard »

Alessa wrote:Graybeard -- thanks regarding Bani's skin tone, I was mostly going off of the Sara and Bani "filler" which didn't give Bani's skin a shade, I knew it was actually darker than that, but I didn't know how much darker, thanks! (You don't have a link to that Bani art do you? My site searching skills failed me, which is one reason I drew them in out-of-world clothes, I couldn't find a good full body shot of her in-universe outift.)
Try this chapter cover, which will help you with both. A nice black-and-white moment is here, which makes it clear that she is indeed significantly darker skinned than Sara (and also the red-shirted ensign that she's working a scam on).

Do you know about the Heretic Knowledge Vault, the Errant Story wiki? It is (if I do say so myself, having written much of the thing...) a useful resource for tracking down pages with dimly-remembered images of characters. Bani's page is here, with links to some other episodes where she's appeared, some of which give more stuff on the uniform and skin tone.

I'm really looking forward to your contributions! And if you get really ambitious, there are a whole pile of characters in the Errant Road RPG who'd love to have your renditions to help bring them to life...

Because old is wise, does good, and above all, kicks ass.
Alessa
Forum Regular

Post by Alessa »

Thanks for those links. Oh wow, the wiki is going to come in really handy, thanks! (nice job writing it haha)

I'd love to do some Errant Road art! I do it all the time for my RPing friends in real life. I wish I had the time to join Errant Road myself, but I quit my last RP due to not being able to keep up with everyone else's posting rate (24 hours in a day is not enough T_T). But art practice gets its own time slot in my day, I'm always up for doing art. So, if anyone is interested, send me detailed descriptions, reference pics, a link to them being very them-like in the RP and I'll do them when I have time either first come first serve or if one really jumps out at me I might cheat and do that one first. No guarantees on the results, but I'll give them a good try ^^