Commenthunting Again

This board is image enabled, so here's the place to share your purdy pictures. Art, pictures, and the revived 'That Color Thread' all live here.
Viking-Sensei
Evil Admin Overlord
Twitter @: Kallisti_x

Re: Commenthunting Again

Post by Viking-Sensei »

I think he's referring to me specifically...

I moved a post of his last week because it was in the wrong place and was sort of inappropriate. Due to the fact that we have thread specifically for Shameless Plugs (It's even called "Ye Olde Shameless Plug Thread"), I didn't appreciate so much when Nightshard created his/her own own shameless plug thread right next to it ("Nightshard's Shameless Promoting"). When I moved it, I did comment that his double posting was sort of... spammish... and I still stand by that. This isn't 4chan, and I don't approve of bumping articles or topics to get attention.

So far, out of 8 posts, all of them have been entirely about your own work, and most of them (aside from some of the interaction you had following your initial posts) they've mostly been the exact same thing. While there is neither a rule nor a requirement about participating in the rest of the board, I think that if you did join in and participate in the discussions, you might get a bit more positive attention. Perhaps if you shared more about yourself... your comic... the hows and whys of it's creation... things like that you might be able to garner more interest. The people here are usually really nice, and we have a nice international mix of fans from all over the planet... they're worth getting to know.
How could a plan this awesome possibly fail?
Nightshard
On Probation

Post by Nightshard »

I am not, great at first encounters. Mostly because that I have been described as dominating and intimidating and not to mentione the seven pages "Thou shall not critique other people ever again" I got a while back, I still don't see the point in that one because he wanted critique and I gave it and about the own work thinigie. Its mostly because I am on firm ground and like to talk about it. I also basically like to help people, I really do. But If the word came out... Like back in, 99 I think. When I was mostly a spriter. A good one but I kinda got flooded.

Well, moving around and talking. I can do that, but I really... an I mean really need to apologies for any inconvenience to start with.

And about that thread, I knew it was a bad idea when I woke up 4 hours later. Sorry ^^;

http://www.nightshard.com/gallery/pages ... lehead.php
http://www.nightshard.com/gallery/pages/african.php
http://www.nightshard.com/gallery/pages ... en_001.php <--- Contains shamelessness. Kinda
Nightshard
On Probation

Post by Nightshard »

*Removed*
Last edited by Nightshard on October 16th, 2007, 10:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Imp-Chan
Not Yet Dead
Twitter @: ImpChan

Post by Imp-Chan »

Nightshard, I appreciate the vigor with which you promote your work, but at this point I need to ask that you please wait at least two months and make ten on-topic posts before posting about any of your work or projects or you-related stuff again. The direction of your posts thus far has been pretty one-sided, so I feel that you perhaps are missing a bit of a feel for what this board is for, and hope that this probationary period during which your only activities are of necessity participatory rather than promotional will help you to get a better sense of what we're all about.

(Oh, and the image linked in the post above is not considered work safe. For future reference, if you are wondering if something might not be work safe, you should not proceed to post it, even with a warning).

^-^'
Because scary little devil girls have to stick together.
Viking-Sensei
Evil Admin Overlord
Twitter @: Kallisti_x

Post by Viking-Sensei »

Nightshard... I gotta say, I am disappointed. While you did go out and post in a couple of other forums, you still just don't appear to get the fundamental problem here. To quote the board rules verbatim:
The Rules wrote:Do not spam, or self-promote excessively. You can always buy advertising, and using the boards to self-promote is kinda like telling all your friends how great you are... you might notice they quickly stop being your friends if you keep it up.

Now, one of the owners had to get involved to undo whatever you posted last. Not cool. For this and the aforementioned issues, I have placed you on Temporary Probation. If you get things under control, I'll rescend the Probation once I feel it's appropriate. However, if your behavior continues, you will be asked to leave.
How could a plan this awesome possibly fail?