That Color Thread

This board is image enabled, so here's the place to share your purdy pictures. Art, pictures, and the revived 'That Color Thread' all live here.
Viking-Sensei
Evil Admin Overlord
Twitter @: Kallisti_x

That Color Thread

Post by Viking-Sensei »

Actually, this probably ought to be called the "Return of the Revenge of the Son of the Ghost of That Color Thread".

I was just goofing off and colored Monday's comic... unfortunately, it turned out incredibly well (in my opinion, anyway). This got Impy and I talking, and after a bit of debate, we've decided to restart this thread. So get out your crayons, fire up your photoshops, pull out the spraypaint, and let the rainbows fly!

Here's my handiwork. Enjoys.

How could a plan this awesome possibly fail?
Michael Poe
The Almighty Poe

Re: That Color Thread

Post by Michael Poe »

Wow... nice, though the saturation is kinda very bright. You did great job on the last panel in particular.
Vixen in Purple
Booth Minion

Post by Vixen in Purple »

YAY! Jim it's you in Poe Art form! I love it. And you colored the comic, splended. I might poke at photoshop...maybe. I've never colored anything before so it'll probably end in much cursing and fist shaking but hell I'll try anything once (except peppers, they're gross)

Anywho there's my ADD response.
-Chels
Forrest
Finally, some love for the BJ!

Post by Forrest »

I must say that is very nice. I don't exactly have anything resembling time these days, but this tempts me to attempt a similar colorization myself...
Viking-Sensei
Evil Admin Overlord

Post by Viking-Sensei »

Michael Poe wrote:Wow... nice, though the saturation is kinda very bright. You did great job on the last panel in particular.
Thanks, Poe. Unfortunately, I've never been that good with saturation... I've got an artist's soul, but a cartoonist's color palate. When I get a few free minutes, I'm going to see if I can't tone it down a smidgen... I also wanna make Sarine's coat/armor/jacket match in both frames.
Viking-Sensei
Evil Admin Overlord

Post by Viking-Sensei »

Wednesday's comic. Also, check out Monday's comic... I desaturified it a little, especially Sarine in the first panel.

Weirdonian
Team Captain

Post by Weirdonian »

Here's my stab at coloring. As you can see, it's Monday's comic (10/15/2007).

Michael Poe
The Almighty Poe

Post by Michael Poe »

the middle panel is kind of odd in so way... that last panel turned out really nice though.

One thing though, the Guard's armor is suppose to be all silver not gold.

They've all been pretty good so far.
Weirdonian
Team Captain

Post by Weirdonian »

Thanks. Yeah, I was trying a graphic, almost completely monochromatic color scheme with that one, so that the introduction of color wouldn't upset the overall ballance of the action and glowing effects. But it did look a little odd, so I did the last pannel a little differently, keeping the bluish glow on everything, but adding in a few more muted colors and tones.

Ah-ha! So they are silver! I thought they were too, but then I looked at Jim's colored pannels and thought he might know something that I didn't. I'll see about tweaking the first and middle pannel again later today.
Viking-Sensei
Evil Admin Overlord

Post by Viking-Sensei »

I'll go back and change it... I just wanted it to be a little visually distinctive, since otherwise it required almost no coloring and just sat there like a blank lump in the middle of the colored page. Also, I decided to do a different color for the main body and the face plate to make it stand out, but when I reversed the order it made it look like he had an organic face (but was severely jaundiced) and not a facemask... so gold armor with silver faceplate it was.

I'm still keeping the red visor slit, I don't care what anybody says.