2009-07-01: Dwarvenformers 2: Revenge of the Anilis

For talking about the plot, the art, the dialogue, the characters, the site, and the individual updates...
The Comment Golem
Unstoppable Posting Machine

2009-07-01: Dwarvenformers 2: Revenge of the Anilis

Post by The Comment Golem »

Neko7
Mage/Priest War Veteran

2009-07-01 Huh? What movie?

Post by Neko7 »

That's right, what movie?

That seems to remind me of something but I cannot remember what, any idea anyone?
mediocrates
Forum Regular

Re: 2009-07-01 Huh? What movie?

Post by mediocrates »

Transformers 2?
Boss Out of Town
Team Captain

Post by Boss Out of Town »

I hear that flick really, really sucks for anyone who isn't a transformers otaku or a video-game fan. Ten million of those around, so, its making bucks.

Sounds like it could actually be as brain-damaged as 300, which also had a ton of fans.
History celebrates the battlefields whereon we meet our death, but scorns to speak of the plowed fields whereby we thrive; it knows the names of kings’ bastards but cannot tell us the origin of wheat. This is the way of human folly. --- Henry Fabre
Drannin
Prince of Space

Post by Drannin »

*shrug* I liked it.
davester65
Mage/Priest War Veteran

Post by davester65 »

Boss Out of Town wrote:I hear that flick really, really sucks for anyone who isn't a transformers otaku or a video-game fan. Ten million of those around, so, its making bucks.

Sounds like it could actually be as brain-damaged as 300, which also had a ton of fans.
Or fans of Megan Fox's booty. I've heard she's pretty much Ms. Fanservice during the whole movie. :D
"Of all tyrannies a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive." - C.S. Lewis
Slamlander
Keeper of the Holy Algorithms
Location: Nyon, CH, near Geneve, on the shores of the Lac Leman. The heart of Suisse Romande.

Post by Slamlander »

I just hope that it's not foreshadowing :?
S L A M L A N D E R
Isn't Sarine technically a MILF?
Elessar
Forum Regular

Post by Elessar »

Boss Out of Town wrote:I hear that flick really, really sucks for anyone who isn't a transformers otaku or a video-game fan. Ten million of those around, so, its making bucks.

Generic action movie that involves a lot of shit blowing up. And robots. And robots blowing shit up.

As long as you're not going into the theater expecting high-brow entertainment, it's awesome. Go mainstream entertainment!
Drannin
Prince of Space

Post by Drannin »

Elessar wrote:

Generic action movie that involves a lot of shit blowing up. And robots. And robots blowing shit up.

As long as you're not going into the theater expecting high-brow entertainment, it's awesome. Go mainstream entertainment!
Pretty much. It's nice to switch your brain off from time to time.

Robots go boom be fun.
wodan46
New Poster

Post by wodan46 »

Rotten Tomatoes: 20%
Box Office Mojo: 214 million in 5 days

They've finally purified the stupid action movie. They corrected the mistakes of the first movie by ignoring the human characters (who nobody cares about) and focusing on the robots (you know, the ones with the toys, the comic books, the history). I was amazed at the sheer amount of onscreen time the robots got, given how ridiculously expensive it is for every second of time they spend onscreen.

Rotten Tomatoes Consensus: Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen is a noisy, underplotted, and overlong special effects extravaganza that lacks a human touch.

So? Maybe they didn't notice, but Transformers is about robots beating each other up, not stupid fleshlings whining about their lives, if you want that, see a pointless Oscar bait movie about the holocaust that gets nominated for best picture over Dark Knight AND WallE despite those latter two getting better reviews from the critics anyways.

Though the US army hardly "rocks" in the movie. They're basically a bunch of redshirts that spend the entire movie getting WTFBBQPWNED by the Decepticons. Hell, the US navy is the only military branch to actually kill a Decepticon in the movie.