Background noise

For in-universe game play. Journey through both familiar and foreign settings, explore lost ruins and forgotten cities, and try to bring light to the darkness of the world... or, you know, blow stuff up. Either way.
Graybeard
The Heretical Admin

Re: Background noise

Post by Graybeard »

OOC: Just wanted to say how much I'm enjoying this exchange, and I'd be enjoying it even more if the net connection I currently have would run at anything other than glacial speeds. Great stuff! I should be back in better contact next week, but these two are obviously doing just fine without me...

Because old is wise, does good, and above all, kicks ass.
Drannin
Prince of Space

Post by Drannin »

Ah... Kurou nodded solemnly. In truth, he'd heard about one of the ambassadors' rather... friendly... views on diplomacy, and had wondered if there were any side-effects to it. Or perhaps after-effects would be a bitter term. It would seem that he was looking at one.

"So. This diplomat discovered that he had a daughter and was none too pleased about it." That would explain the ears. "And I assume that while escaping through a warp-gate, there was an...accident." He considered. "Well, it does put you further out of the line of fire." He glanced over at the young half-elf (was she young? Compared to him? Did it matter?). Sonada was being rather quiet...

Ah... perhaps a more gentle attitude was in order.

"You needn't worry, Miss Sonada," Kurou said with a warm smile, while calculating in his head. "I assure you, you are quite safe here." Long-term theory: elves would come after her, yes? Elves that may have rather interesting secrets to share... voluntarily or not. Mysteries from thousands of years ago. It would take careful planning and securing of defenses, but if could use her as bait to lure in an elf for interrogation, the results could be extraordinary. Perhaps Sonada would even agree to be his partner in it. Of course, he had more immediate concerns to deal with, but it was certainly worth keeping this poor, lost girl around if only for the chance to match wits against elves. The payoff could be... impressive.

"Miss Sonada... may I call you Aiko? ...What will you do now?" Kurou injected concern into his voice and waited for her response.
Drusia
Veteran of the Errant War

Post by Drusia »

"Well, it does put you further out of the line of fire."
"You needn't worry, Miss Sonada," Kurou said with a warm smile, while calculating in his head. "I assure you, you are quite safe here."
"Miss Sonada... may I call you Aiko? ...What will you do now?" Kurou injected concern into his voice and waited for her response.

"Well," I say, thoughtful, "Hopefully they think I died during that warp gate destabilization. If I didn't understand the underlying magical system, I probably would have. If that's the case, then I should be able to go home in a few weeks. Or, maybe a month to be safe?" I pretend to do some math in my head. "So in that case, my travel time back to Saus on foot would easily make up that amount of time - I could start off for home as soon as tomorrow. However, if they have figured out I survived somehow - and I have no idea how they would be able to do so, but that doesn't mean they can't - then being on the road might prove fatal." I nod, as if satisfied that my logic is sound.

"So, it seems my best option would be to lay low for a few weeks, then attempt to secure some sort of transport to Saus." I frown. "I suppose in this country that would mean a horse."

I shake my head, returning my attention more fully to Kurou. "Thank you. I actually do feel safer here. Of course, just by being here I'm putting you in danger, and for that I'm sorry. I hope I don't get you killed when you've been so kind to me."

"And yes," I continue, "Of course you can call me Aiko. Would it be all right if I called you Arsoro?"

-- Drusia
Drannin
Prince of Space

Post by Drannin »

"I would be honored for you to call me Arsoro," Kurou said with a smile. Splendid. That meant with a little effort on his part, the young lady would be spending some time nearby. He could carefully learn all he could of her pursuers, finish his business here, and devise a scheme for acquiring an elven research subject. It would certainly brighten up his days having someone erudite to converse with.

"Furthermore, you don't need to worry about me. I might not look like much, but I'm certainly capable of handling myself in combat. Even against an elf." He was quite confident in this. Thousands of years of experience be damned, he was more than willing to pit his mind against an elf. "Now then, it's getting a bit late. I'm all too willing to help you figure out your next move, but heading to Gervasiel at this time of day might not be wise. I'd put it off until morning. Might I offer you my hospitality, limited though it might be here?"
Drusia

Post by Drusia »

"I would be honored for you to call me Arsoro," Kurou said with a smile.

"Furthermore, you don't need to worry about me. I might not look like much, but I'm certainly capable of handling myself in combat. Even against an elf." He was quite confident in this. Thousands of years of experience be damned, he was more than willing to pit his mind against an elf. "Now then, it's getting a bit late. I'm all too willing to help you figure out your next move, but heading to Gervasiel at this time of day might not be wise. I'd put it off until morning. Might I offer you my hospitality, limited though it might be here?"

"Yes, thank you. Tonight, I think I would sleep better knowing that someone is here looking out for me." Besides, the town is full of people who know me and aren't nearly as good as lying.

I glance around again and smile. "So, what do you get up to here for entertainment? Or are you such a diligent researcher that you didn't bring anything recreational?" I smile to let him know I'm teasing. "I'm afraid I'm still a bit excited to sleep, tired as I am. Do you have any games? Or perhaps some other way to stimulate my mind? I've rather dominated the conversation with my problems, however severe. Is there something more pleasant we could speak of?"

-- Drusia
Drannin
Prince of Space

Post by Drannin »

Kurou considered. "I'm open to any avenue of conversation," he admitted, wandering over to a magical cooler. "I'm engaged in some rather private research at the moment, but perhaps we can discuss what had been happening in Tsuirakushiti? I've been out of touch for some time, I fear." He opened the cooler. "Can I offer you some refreshment? Some wine, maybe? It's not up to the standards of home, but I daresay that it's better than anything else you can find in this backwater."
Drusia

Post by Drusia »

"I'm open to any avenue of conversation," he admitted, wandering over to a magical cooler. "I'm engaged in some rather private research at the moment, but perhaps we can discuss what had been happening in Tsuirakushiti? I've been out of touch for some time, I fear." He opened the cooler. "Can I offer you some refreshment? Some wine, maybe? It's not up to the standards of home, but I daresay that it's better than anything else you can find in this backwater."

"Some wine would be lovely," I agree. I wait until he pours us both a glass, and hands me mine. "To homecomings," I say, holding up my glass, "However complex or delayed." He echoes me and we touch our glasses in the accustomed style. I take a drink from mine and watch to see that he does as well.

"It's quite fine," I tell him, breathing in the scent more thoroughly before taking a second drink.

"Let me see," I say thoughtfully. I begin by relating him details surrounding, but not directly touching on the ambassadorial visit. Let him think it's emotional sensitivity on my part - actually, it's because, having been on one of the dreadful things years ago, I know a thing or two about the chaos they cause. Those memories, and a healthy dose of recent news and current names related to me by Maudin and Argus over the past few weeks when the topic of Tsuirakushiti has come up (conversations I am now very glad I paid attention to) allow me to paint a fairly accurate picture of recent events there. I take care to focus on the minutia of the personal experience - after all, I wouldn't have been privy to anything particularly important.

I mention a friend in the arts and the conversation slides effortlessly to classical performance styles and their modern reinterpretations. This is a topic I became well acquainted with on my one diplomatic visit to the city, and have discussed since with Maudin having an genuine interest in it. I bring up the use of magical pyrotechnics during musical concerts - a point of occasional controversy - and two hours slip away discussing in detail the specifications and ramifications of the style, both from critical and craft standpoints.

I break from the discussion and laugh aloud. Kurou gives me a surprised look, but I shake my head, smiling.

"It just occured to me," I told him, "That only hours ago someone tried to kill me, and here I am now having a wonderfully animated discussion about the arts. It struck me as absurd, which brings to mind yet another art movement, but I think I shall leave that one to discuss tomorrow." I shake my head.

"Arsoro," I say, facing him, "Strange as this all has been, I have to say, I think I'm glad I ended up here. You are a very kind man, and somehow even in the face of everything that's happened recently you make me feel safe." I tilt my head slightly, considering him, my eyelids drifting just a hair lower. That's something I like about Tsuirakians; they don't beat around the bush like they so often do here in Vericia. I let him see that I'm attracted to him, and I let him see that I'm considering doing something about it. I'm not making the first move, but my body language is suggesting that, if you ask, I'll say yes.

"So..." I say softly, letting it hang in the air, open and inviting.

-- Drusia

OOC: I figured it was time to move the conversation along. No objections, I take it? **smug smile**
Drannin
Prince of Space

Post by Drannin »

(OOC: None whatsoever. Shall we? XD)

Arsoro Kurou had just spent a delightful two hours in conversation with an extremely erudite, cultured young woman. A woman who had flattered and interested him, and revealed a vulnerable side. A woman who was endlessly intriguing, and was now giving him rather obvious 'go' signs. Arsoro Kurou was many things, but he was no fool, and he was not one to shy away when a woman of this caliber was making an advance on him.

Besides, this could help cement things between them. Perhaps they could... collaborate.

Yes, why not get started on that collaboration.

Kurou stood up and bowed, a warm smile with a hint of something else beneath it. It had worked in the past, and there was clearly no resistance here. "Aiko, it occurs to me that the hour grows late. If you would be interested, perhaps I could... show you some accommodations? My sleeping gear is a little spartan, but I am certain that I can make it more comfortable for a lady such as yourself." The hidden meanings were far from hidden.
Drusia

Post by Drusia »

Arsoro Kurou stood up and bowed, a warm smile with a hint of something else beneath it. It had worked in the past, and there was clearly no resistance here. "Aiko, it occurs to me that the hour grows late. If you would be interested, perhaps I could... show you some accommodations? My sleeping gear is a little spartan, but I am certain that I can make it more comfortable for a lady such as yourself."

"Yes," I reply softly, "I'd like that."

He steps close behind me, his arm sliding around my waist. I snuggle into him slightly and he leads me over towards the tent arrangement with the bedroll. Before we quite get there his lips brush experimentally against my upper neck. I make a soft, pleased noise in the back of my throat and the touch becomes a kiss. I let that go on for a minute before I turn my head back towards him. He takes the hint and kisses my already parted lips. He has quite a skilled tongue - good to know, have to try its skill elsewhere.

As we kiss, his hands begin to wander over my dress, exploring the curves it so effectively displays. He is quite good at this - I let him control the situation. No need to hurry, not when I'm enjoying myself this much.

Several very pleasant minutes pass before he pushes ahead. My dress is sleeveless and provides rather more room for my arms than necessary. He discovers this fact on his own, sliding his hand in. I gasp slightly, and let a little, heady laugh ring out. Without pulling away I reach up and unclasp the stay on the back of my neck.

He pulls me against his chest, his hand still exploring inside my dress, his lips devouring my newly exposed lower neck and shoulders. I'm close enough to him to feel exactly how attracted to me he is; I rub myself against him, teasing through our clothes. He growls softly and bites my neck. I moan softly in reply.

We're no closer to the bed. For the moment, I prefer it that way. This is more fun.

-- Drusia

OOC: Can you tell I'm a fan of romance novels yet? ^^;;
Drannin
Prince of Space

Post by Drannin »

(OOC: Yeeaaaahhh, I'm gonna let Drusia handle that aspect of things.... might be time for a fade-out though. Anyway...)

A small, furry head peeked around a corner, totally unnoticed by anyone. Years of practice had made Harker very good at getting around unnoticed, something you wouldn't guess by looking at him. As it was, while Kurou was distracted by Drusia, the Familiar had already been through the castle, making observations, scribbling rather detailed drawings, taking in Kurou's security arrangements... including a rather interesting one on the highest tower...

Oh, Harker had a great deal to report. But first...

Well, he'd better not intrude into Kurou's inner sanctum. Too risky; best leave that to the elf ranger-whatever. But while there was a good vantage point, no reason not to make a drawings. Strictly for research purposes, of course.