Save Point, aka Bring Your Missing Admin Up To Speed?

For the Rules, Character Workshop, and other general discussion of the game.
Viking-Sensei
Evil Admin Overlord
Twitter @: Kallisti_x

Save Point, aka Bring Your Missing Admin Up To Speed?

Post by Viking-Sensei »

Hey everybody, been putting this off until I had the deck cleared a little more, and I'm actually getting to the point I might be able to rejoin you all. So... anybody playing right now, can you kindly give me a refresher for the last 6 or so months?

Last I saw it, Team A (Jamie, Jamie's mom, Marcus, Lucas, and occasionally Grope) were finally after much distraction and delay (as well as the liberal use of someone else's hover-car thing) arrived at Rinkaiel and were "warmly" welcomed by the Seadlers, while Team A Minus (Grope's Wraith expansion unit) were also in the area training one of their own on magical technique.

Meanwhile, Team B (Rose, Lillith, Sasha, and a bunch of other people) had finally had a conclusion to the Missing Priest arc, even if it wasn't a satisfying one to anyone, and had moved on to tracking down a mysteriously moving village in an intelligent woods that a guy with his own thundercloud as a pet wanted them to go to, as part of a secret mission to get to some place to do something.

I didn't have any vested interest in the airship pirates, but if someone wants to update me on that too, go ahead.
How could a plan this awesome possibly fail?
Graybeard
The Heretical Admin

Re: Save Point, aka Bring Your Missing Admin Up To Speed?

Post by Graybeard »

Viking-Sensei wrote:Hey everybody, been putting this off until I had the deck cleared a little more, and I'm actually getting to the point I might be able to rejoin you all. So... anybody playing right now, can you kindly give me a refresher for the last 6 or so months?
Glad to. It might help others as well.
Last I saw it, Team A (Jamie, Jamie's mom, Marcus, Lucas, and occasionally Grope) were finally after much distraction and delay (as well as the liberal use of someone else's hover-car thing) arrived at Rinkaiel and were "warmly" welcomed by the Seadlers, while Team A Minus (Grope's Wraith expansion unit) were also in the area training one of their own on magical technique.
Several changes. Marcus and Lucas were set adrift (literally) and Grope and the other trolls are still waiting near the Island of Thralls -- trolls are good at waiting, so no problem there. Everyone else is back in Rinkaiel, as the sea voyage came to a premature (and deus ex machina-influenced) end. There are a considerable number of new characters, most of whom are now getting impacted by some ill-defined violence centered on the "Tsuiraku-town" district of Rinkaiel. (It isn't so ill-defined behind the scenes. If you're going to become active again, I'll keep you in the dark, but if you're going to be a fly on the wall, I'll fill you in if you wish.) Layla and Jamie have met, and amazingly, found each other acceptable company rather than trying to kill each other -- so far.
Meanwhile, Team B (Rose, Lillith, Sasha, and a bunch of other people) had finally had a conclusion to the Missing Priest arc, even if it wasn't a satisfying one to anyone, and had moved on to tracking down a mysteriously moving village in an intelligent woods that a guy with his own thundercloud as a pet wanted them to go to, as part of a secret mission to get to some place to do something.
Lots of activity here. The group met up with a very interesting elf (player character) who shares Sarine's general attitude toward both elves and half elves, but takes the latter quite a bit farther by being literally the great-great-(repeat)-grandmother of a well concealed community of half elves whom she protects -- one of the members of that community having been Rose's late husband, so that she's also Rose's many-times-great-grand-mother-in-law. A nasty Peregin (NPC) who definitely does not share this attitude toward Errants crossed paths with this group in Lorenzel, and a great deal of merriment ensued with a scheme to throw that one off Lillith's trail, apparently successfully (but you know how bad guys keep coming back...). They are now edging toward the destination on the "secret mission" (nudge nudge wink wink), somewhat unenthusiastically, because Rose's military boss has serious misgivings about the mission and Drusia Valis (the Sarine-like elf) would rather be spiriting Lillith off to the half-elf village to bring her under the same protection as the other half elves there. They've just had an encounter with what looks like (but may not really be...) a group of Ensigerum monks, most of whom were mysteriously wiped out by forces other than the party themselves. On the way they had some encounters connected with Miguel's old digs on the Southern Continent; a troll where a troll had no place being; Rose's jilted cousin, who's joined the group and developed a serious case of the hots for Lillith; and maybe the charred remnants of that breakaway colony from the Ensigerum mentioned in the main story (Chris' late father's bunch), or at least something much like it. So this crowd has been plenty busy, and again, there are new (and excellent) PCs.
I didn't have any vested interest in the airship pirates, but if someone wants to update me on that too, go ahead.
It was dormant for months but has recently reactivated, with the discovery of the rival pirate airship. Something is fixing to happen there, details TBD.

It's good to have you back, and PM me for more if you're interested. There's also stuff going on behind the scenes, of course...

Because old is wise, does good, and above all, kicks ass.
Graybeard
The Heretical Admin

Post by Graybeard »

Oh, one other thing that may also be of general interest: There is now a "Thread Summaries" article on the HKV that gives a slightly more verbose summary of what has been going on in the various settings. It's still not up to date, but I'm working on it, and it will eventually expand on the stuff I just wrote above. Recommended reading for people interested in joining the game, or at least it will be once it's complete.

Viking-Sensei
Evil Admin Overlord
Twitter @: Kallisti_x

Post by Viking-Sensei »

So is Marcus still missing somewhere too, or did he eventually pop up? And what about Ayiee? Still patiently following the group, or did she just sort of walk out to sea in the hopes she'll catch up with Lucas?
How could a plan this awesome possibly fail?
Graybeard
The Heretical Admin

Post by Graybeard »

Viking-Sensei wrote:So is Marcus still missing somewhere too, or did he eventually pop up? And what about Ayiee? Still patiently following the group, or did she just sort of walk out to sea in the hopes she'll catch up with Lucas?
Marcus is MIA. Adam hasn't been on the forum since before New Year's.

According to this moment from Jamie's memory, Ayiee is with Lucas (and Marcus). As I said, they were literally "set adrift" from the airship rescue, and therefore could be almost anywhere in Farrel in principle. We'd more or less worked out the possibility that that "anywhere" would most likely be somewhere close to where Grope and the other trolls are staking out the Island of Thralls, but there is no requirement that it be so. Really, the goal was just to come up with an airshippus ex machina so that Jamie, Jasmine and Nera could get re-merged into the Rinkaiel thread, leaving the greatest possible latitude in merging in all the others at some future time (i.e., now). That OK?