In which Alessa draws characters for fun and practice

For the Rules, Character Workshop, and other general discussion of the game.
Alessa
Forum Regular

In which Alessa draws characters for fun and practice

Post by Alessa »

Right now I'm trying to hone my manga drawing/screentoning abilities by doing lots of fan art, and Graybeard had the idea that I could draw Errant Road characters. I've done RP character drawings for friends in real life, so it sounded like a fun idea to me!

If you want your Errant Road character drawn, PM me with their name, their physical appearance (hair, eyes, face shape, skin tone, what clothing they wear, any weapons they should have, anything you would like included in the drawing, links to reference pics if you have something specific in mind) and something of their personality, what kind of expression and posture you imagine them having. If there's a scene from the game that you want drawn, I could include text bubbles of them saying their line from that scene, etc.

Note: I'm still an amateur, it's my desire to eventually start my own webcomic, but for now there's a good chance that there will be various things anatomically wrong with what I draw, I'm best at drawing young women, I draw young men pretty well, but things like trolls will be more of a challenge for me. While I welcome a challenge and look forward to expanding my abilities, I obviously can't guarantee that you'll like what I do. I'll give it a good try, but since I'm not asking for a commission or anything, be nice ^_^

To kick this off, I have done Graybeard's Layla:

Click here for the larger version

Hope you enjoy it ^^
Jack Rothwell
Teller of Tales

Re: In which Alessa draws characters for fun and practice

Post by Jack Rothwell »

Great work, great idea for a thread too.

You can really see the personality in Layla's expression, it looks like there's a bit of mischief there, the kid in the pack kind of this a vague shogun assassin type vibe to it which i enjoy. Proportions are solid too. Keep up the good work.
Sareth
RPG All-Star

Post by Sareth »

LOL! Awesome!

So have you been reading the Errant Road stuff to get ideas of how to draw Layla? (Ever thought about joining?)

I am most amused by this. ^_^ Good luck on the webcomic!

(Oh, and speaking of, mind if I ask what you mean the webcomic to be about?)
Alessa
Forum Regular

Post by Alessa »

Thanks, and thanks ^_^

I haven't been reading the threads, Graybeard just sent me a description and a link to Layla's wiki entry and a link to a scene involving her. I would join the RP but I just can't find the time to RP anymore @_@ my hobby-time consists of drawing, writing a novel, playing bass guitar, and marathoning TV and movies (that last part is embarrassingly time consuming but I'm addicted :oops: )

My webcomic idea is kind of ridiculous :oops: the main character is trying to escape her life as an advanced healer in a land ruled by rabid matriarchal lesbians, because her healing makes her sick. Through a plot device she ends up teamed up with a guy who she at first doesn't know is a guy because in order to use his super powerful magical artifact he has to turn into a woman. Add on a love triangle with a mildly sociopathic magician girl and yeah that about sums it up ^^;;
Sareth
RPG All-Star

Post by Sareth »

Amusingly chaotic. Good luck with it.

And enjoy practicing with people's characters. ^_^
Graybeard
The Heretical Admin

Post by Graybeard »

Oh, man ... you will not BELIEVE the portrait that Alessa did for Sister Rose ... what on earth is wrong with Argus? ;)

Because old is wise, does good, and above all, kicks ass.
Alessa
Forum Regular

Post by Alessa »

Here is Sister Rose ^^

Click here for the larger version

Jade's line art is done, will tone when I get back from dinner.
Drannin
Prince of Space

Post by Drannin »

...Goddammit, Argus, you're my own character, and now I want to throttle you...

Alessa, I gotta get you to do a picture of Argus now...
Graybeard
The Heretical Admin

Post by Graybeard »

Drannin wrote:...Goddammit, Argus, you're my own character, and now I want to throttle you...

Alessa, I gotta get you to do a picture of Argus now...
Hey, YOU'RE the one who decided that Sister Rose was a babe ...

Incidentally, as I was pawing back through the records to try to find this encounter, I was surprised to see that the ancestral "Kiyoka" thread, which gave birth to no fewer than 30 others (and is still going strong), doesn't appear in the "Rear View Mirror" forum -- even though it is quite obviously still there, since the link to Argus' first encounter with Rose works just fine. Is anybody else seeing this oddity?

Anyway, I would very much enjoy seeing a depiction of Argus, so that Rose can at least know what kind of face she kissed at the end of that festival. :oops:

Because old is wise, does good, and above all, kicks ass.
Sareth
RPG All-Star

Post by Sareth »

[Sung]Got it bad, got it bad, got it bad... I'm hot for sister.[/sung]

(I suppose I should apologize to Van Halen for that one...)