Any interest in a DNPWWO RPG?

For the Rules, Character Workshop, and other general discussion of the game.
Graybeard
The Heretical Admin

Any interest in a DNPWWO RPG?

Post by Graybeard »

Since "Does Not Play Well With Others" is now up and a going concern, and we've been reasonably successful with Errant Road (more players would always be nice, but the ones who are there are having fun, and the "stories" are interesting), I wonder if it is time to start thinking about setting a game up based on DNPWWO and Fran and Naga's "neighborhood." There might be some advantages to doing one there compared to Errant Story/Errant Road. The fact that the DNPWWO world is somewhat less structured (that's the polite word...) than the Poe-verse may offer room for some more outlandish characters and behavior. There's correspondingly less canon for people to run afoul of. The two drawbacks are (1) we don't really know how the DNPWWO world works, and (2) readership is still low, so the number of participants might be sub-critical for a while yet.

Any thoughts on this? Personally, I would probably not participate as much in a DNPWWO-based RPG as I do in Errant Road (and will continue to do so as long as there's an Errant Road and a me -- I just love the interactions there), but that obviously needn't stop anyone else from taking on an organizing role if there's interest. Probably premature to actually set the thing up, but if there's interest, let's discuss.

Because old is wise, does good, and above all, kicks ass.
Drannin
Prince of Space

Re: Any interest in a DNPWWO RPG?

Post by Drannin »

In other words, we'd just role-play a bunch of weird interactions between odd characters?

I dunno, could be fun :)
Graybeard
The Heretical Admin

Post by Graybeard »

Drannin wrote:In other words, we'd just role-play a bunch of weird interactions between odd characters?
Yeah, basically. :geek:

Jack Rothwell
Teller of Tales

Post by Jack Rothwell »

Already warming up with that reworking of an old fan-fic that hit the fourth wall with a hammer. Random humour could be fun.
Graybeard
The Heretical Admin

Post by Graybeard »

Jack Rothwell wrote:Already warming up with that reworking of an old fan-fic that hit the fourth wall with a hammer. Random humour could be fun.
Very interested to see where that goes...