OOC - Starting Point

For the Rules, Character Workshop, and other general discussion of the game.
Brys
New Poster

Re: OOC - Please Read

Post by Brys »

Weirdonian wrote:I've been a little stumped with creating a character. Course, it doesn't help that I've been in something of a creative slump since the middle of March. I do have one idea though... but I've been letting him roll around my head for a bit, trying to find out more about him. I guess I can post what teeny bit I know about him in the Character Workshop though, it might help prod him into revealing more about himself. I hate it when characters aren't more forthcoming. Some will introduce themselves and then periodically talk your ear off about who they are if you give them half a chance, and others will just show up, maybe state their name and then clam up.
Just as you say. But then there's the little devils who keep chatting... and chatting... and chatting... And forget to introduce themselves! You have my sincere sympathies with the writer's block, though. It's agony, isn't it?

Note to self: Check for silly little spelling mistakes BEFORE you post it...
DarkIntruder
Mage/Priest War Veteran

Post by DarkIntruder »

Sooo, just a quick question. What format are we looking to go with, now that the role-play is underway? 1st or 3rd person? I prefer 3rd person, since it reads more like an actual story to me, but I just wanted to hear what the mods think.
Imp-Chan
Not Yet Dead
Twitter @: ImpChan

Post by Imp-Chan »

Is there a different place for comments from the peanut gallery, or is this it?

'Cause I am just loving this whole thing, it makes a little part of my soul dance around gleefully, throwing firecrackers and cackling.

I will toss in a character when I'm more together... I had one, but he's gone and vanished and I can't quite remember what else I was going to do.

^-^'
Because scary little devil girls have to stick together.
DarkIntruder
Mage/Priest War Veteran

Post by DarkIntruder »

Well, this is the Out Of Character thread, so I think it's perfect for commentary. I don't believe that we need a massive array of threads snaking all over the place.

Edit:
DarkIntruder wrote:Sooo, just a quick question. What format are we looking to go with, now that the role-play is underway? 1st or 3rd person? I prefer 3rd person, since it reads more like an actual story to me, but I just wanted to hear what the mods think.

Nevermind. I forgot that the gender of Sareth's character is unknown, which is why he's using 1st person. Duh.
Sareth
RPG All-Star

Post by Sareth »

Yeah, I'm gonna be a bit of an odd read for a bit.

:D
BloodHenge
Mage/Priest War Veteran

Post by BloodHenge »

How much information do we have on currency and pricing?
DarkIntruder
Mage/Priest War Veteran

Post by DarkIntruder »

As far as I know, there hasn't been any mention of currency at all in Errant story. At least, nothing specific. So, I guess we either make it up as we go, or just be completely destitute.

In your case, (since I assume you're looking for ideas on what sort of money you can get from the crowd) I would say make it up. Perhaps paper money, mixed with the odd coins, since Tsuiraku is such an advanced society. Also, I guess you could use the ¥ symbol, since Tsuiraku is pseudo-Japanese.

As for actual value, I have no idea.
Imp-Chan
Not Yet Dead
Twitter @: ImpChan

Post by Imp-Chan »

Sarine gave several coins to the bartender as a bribe during the prologue.

^-^'
Because scary little devil girls have to stick together.
DarkIntruder
Mage/Priest War Veteran

Post by DarkIntruder »

You mean these ones? The ones almost completely covered by the bartender's hand? ;)
BloodHenge
Mage/Priest War Veteran

Post by BloodHenge »

I figured I could make something up. I just didn't want to contradict canon, if any has been established.

I probably won't use yen for Tsuirakuan currency, but I may steal the name of some other east- or southeast-Asian nation.